- Reduced price
Product description: Abilix Krypton 4 V2 - STEM education robot - 1,3 GHz / 943 bricks for 22 projects with instructions EN
Krypton Robot Construction Kit. This is the second version of the already known Abilix Krypton 4. It allows you to enter the world of programming and building robots in a simple yet interesting way. Learning by playing is becoming more and more popular way of teaching. The set includes: the main controller programmed using the Android system, the so-called brain equipped with a powerful 1.3 GHz ARM Cortex processor, a color touch screen with a resolution of 320 x 320 px, 7 sensors, 3 small engines and 1 large engine. The kit also includes an instruction in Polish, with the help of which you can build as many as 22 different projects and program their work with Abilix Krypton Today's Future application for iOS and Android phones and tablets.
For more content related to Krypton robots, see the Abilix channel on Youtube.
Which version to choose?
Krypton 4 V2 kit contains as many as 7 sensors (3 x gray scale sensor, 2 x collision sensor, 1 x color sensor, 1 x ultrasonic sensor), 1 large motor, 3 small motors and necessary mounting elements. Below is a table with which you can compare all V2 sets and select the most suitable one.
Comparison of V2 sets
|Number of bricks:||409||745||943
|Number of projects:||17||29||22||36||50|
|Number of sensors:||4||7||7||16||23|
Teaching adapted to the Polish core curriculum
The manufacturer also offers kits designed for school classes. In cooperation with experienced teachers from the Masters of Robotics group, lesson scenarios have been prepared, which make it significantly easier for teachers to conduct classes in building and programming robots. The scenarios have been adapted to the Polish core curriculum and lesson hour time. Schools are provided with a teacher's handbook with an elaboration of the issues discussed and solutions to the tasks, a student's handbook and a manual. Dedicated sets for programming studios can be found in this category.
Programming the robot's work
One of the characteristics of Krypton robots is a free, interactive application for Android and iOS mobile devices. The software helps to learn the basics of sensor and engine programming. A step-by-step guide shows how to combine elements together. And there are four ways to program:
- Project Programming drag & drop - simple helper program for novice users.
- Flow Chart - programming with the use of block diagrams friendly for the youngest users.
- Abilix Scratch - programming using the popular Scratch system with the use of icons and codes in the shape of drag blocks.
- Text language C - for more advanced users. Available only in the application for computers.
Specification of an educational robot
- Number of bricks: 943
- Sensors: 7 pcs.
- 3 x grayscale sensor
- 2 x collision sensor
- 1 x colour sensor
- 1 x ultrasonic distance sensor
- Number of engines: 3 x small drive motor and 1 x large drive motor
- Control screen: touch screen
- 7 sensor connection ports
- 4 engine ports
- 1 camera port
- battery charging port
- Built-in accessories: LED and speaker
- Power supply: built-in 3.7 V 1500 mAh battery
- Microcontroller / Processor:
- ARM Cortex 1.3 GHz
- Wi-Fi module
- New: enhanced with the hot spot module