Module Arduino Fio is compatible with software Funnel which includes several libraries that facilitate the use of the popular modules. The board has a connector for XBee module and a socket for connecting the rechargeable lithium-polymer battery. Thanks to the integrated charger's system, package li-pol can be charged via mini USB cable.
The board contains an ATmega328 microcontroller, is equipped with 14 digital I/os, 6 of which can be used as PWM outputs (e.g. for motor control), and 6 analog inputs. The system works with the clock signal with the frequency of 8 MHz and has 32 KB of Flash memory and 2 KB of SRAM
- Supply voltage: from a 3.35 V to 12 V
- Microcontroller: ATmega328P
- Maximum clock frequency: 8 MHz
- SRAM: 2 KB
- Flash memory: 32 KB (5 KB is reserved for bootloader)
- EEPROM: 1 KB
- The number of digital inputs/outputs: 14
- The number of PWM channels: 6
- Number of analog inputs: 6
- Communication interfaces: UART, SPI, I2C
- External interrupts
- Socket for XBee module
- Connector for rechargeable battery li-pol
- Built-in charger li-pol
- Power switch, RESET button
- Connected LED
- Dimensions: 28 x 66 mm
The module is powered through connector of the rechargeable lithium-polymer battery, with voltage in the range of 3.35 V to 12 V. The Arduino Fio has a built-in charger that's powered through the mini USB cable. The system can also be powered from an external source by connecting the voltage through the led out socket.
Creating and uploading the software is allowed by the free environment supplied by the manufacturer. The Arduino Fio does not have a system that controls a USB interface. Therefore, for programming, necessary is adapter UART<->USB. More details are on the website of the manufacturer.