Product description: Polol D24V3F5 - 5V 0.3A step-down converter
A step-down converter used to power systems operating at 5 V. The system is designed for a wide range of input voltages from 3.8 V to 42 V (the minimum value depends ondrop-out voltage). The module allows for current consumption of up to 300 mA, which is sufficient to power typical integrated circuits. We also offer 3.3V versionsand with a higher current capacity to600 mA.
Outputs of the D24V3F5 inverter
The module has four outputs:
- VIN- input voltage from the range of 6.0 V to 42 V, please pay attention to the drop-out value and shortvoltage pulses, which may damage the system
- GND- ground potential
- VOUT - output voltage
- SHDN - providing a low state (logical zero) causes the system to switch to a low energy consumption state (about 20 uA). In order to start the system it is necessary to provide high state (logical one - voltage above 2.3 V). If the output will not be used, it can be connected to the neighboring VIN pin.
The connectors are properly signed on the board. Outputs' Raster is 2.54 mm (popular goldpin connectors). The module can be plugged into acontact board, connected with wiresor soldered into a dedicated PCB.
Inverter system efficiency
Efficiency is defined as the ratio of output power to input power (Power out)/(Power in). This is a very important parameter when working with portable energy sources (batteries and accumulators), where the time of operation on one charging cycle counts. The efficiency of this pulse system is about 80 % - 90 %.
The parameter referred to in the documentation asvoltag drop-outthennecessary for the proper functioning of the system,minimum difference between input and output voltage.For example, if the drop-out is 1 V and the desired output voltage is 5 V, the supply voltage should be higher than 6 V. The figures below show the drop-out voltage value for D24VxFx inverters.
Dangerous voltage pulses
When connecting the power supply to the module, dangerous, short, high amplitude eclectic impulses (so-called pins) may appear, which may permanently damage the system. According to Polol's tests, for voltages above 20V, the pins may have an amplitude of over 42V. In order to protect against this undesirable phenomenon it is recommended to solder a capacitor of at least 33uF as close as possible to the pins powering the converter.
Polol D24V3F5 inverter specification
- Input voltage: 6* V to 42 V
- Output voltage: 5 V
- Maximum input current: 300 mA
- Efficiency of 80-90 %
- Switching frequency 550 kHz
- Dimensions: 12 x 10 x 3 mm
- Weight (without connectors): 0.5 g
* minimum value depending on drop-out voltage