Product description: Polol booster - adjustable 4-25V 2A inverter
- Dimensions: 23 x 17 x 5 mm
- Cable length:
- Cables to the motor: 55 mm
- Cables to the package: 75 mm
- Cable to the receiver: 95 mm
- Weight (with wires): 8 g
- Operating current: continuous 10A / 10 min
- Max. operating current (peak): 15A
- Plug in the receiver: type JR
- Number of cells: 2 - 3 LiPo
- Operating voltage: 7,4 - 11,1V
- Built-in functions: brake programming, timing
- Input voltage: 1.5 V to 16 V
- Output voltage adjustable: 4 V to 25 V
- Operating frequency 750 kHz
- Maximum current: 2 A
- Efficiency of 80 - 90 %
- Small sizes: 10.7 x 22.4 x 5.8 mm
- Weight (without connectors): 1.6 g
The module has three outputs:
- VIN - input voltage
- GND - mass potential
- VOUT - output voltage
Output voltage selection
The voltage is set using a potentiometer. Turning clockwise increases the voltage.
Fig. 1: Selection of output voltage.
The efficiency of the inverter depends on the input voltage and the selected output voltage. On average, it ranges from 80% to 90%. The maximum current that the system can supply is 2 A.
Voltage jumps (pins)
In electronic circuits the starting current may cause the occurrence of so-called pins, i.e. sudden voltage surges to a value above a set level. If the amplitude of the pins exceeds the permissible value of the regulator, it can be destroyed. Therefore, if the system is supplied with voltage above 10V or the load is high inductance, we recommend to solder a capacitor of 33uF/25V or higher as close to the circuit as possible between VIN and GND.