- Supply voltage: 2.7 to 6.2 V
- Average current consumption: 5 mA
- Measuring range: from 0.5 to 5 cm
- Output value: digital signal (low status when detecting an object, otherwise - high status)
- Response time: 2,55 ms (maximally 3.77 ms)
- Soldered PCB stand
- Weight: 0.7 g
The sensor can detect object in the range of up to 5 cm. The output is a digital signal. High status (logical one) indicates no object in the field of view of the sensor. Low status (logical zero) appears when the object is detected.
A drawing depicting an operating method of a digital sensor Sharp.
The product is compatible with Arduino
For proper operation, it is sufficient to connect power supply of 5 V and the sensor output to any digital pin of Arduino. Reading is done through a standard function digitalRead(number_of_pin).
Alternative distance sensors
In our store, available are analog versions of sensors detecting the objects in the range of: 4-30cm, 10-80cm, 20-150cm and digital sensors, to detect objects in the field of view of up to: 5 cm, 10cm and 40cm.