For facilitating the use of joystick from Sparkfun, our offer includes board which allows for connecting the joystick to the breadboard or via wires. The module has pins compatible with popular standard of the goldpin strap (2.54 mm). The size of the stand is 25.4 x 32 mm.
Using the board to connect the joystick is reduced to the following pins:
- VCC - supply voltage (3.3 V to 5 V).
- GND - ground of the system.
- VERT - the analog output for the vertical axis (in the middle position, the value is equal to half of the supply voltage VCC/2).
- HORIZ - Analog output for the horizontal axis (in the middle position, the value is equal to half of the supply voltage VCC/2).
- SEL - Digital signal button, if activated, it reaches the value of the GND, deactivated - is left unconnected (floating). In case of using the button, you have to activate the internal pulling-up resistor or add the external element.
For Arduino users, the manufacturer has prepared a manual to connect together with sample code.