A joystick similar to analog devices used for example in PlayStation 2 controllers. The detection of the direction of movement is done via two potentiometers - one (10 kΩ) for each axis.
|This model has no buttons, our offer has also a joystick equipped with the button is activated by pressing the handle.|
To use the device sufficient is microcontroller with analog-to-digital converter (analogue input in the Arduino). Information about the position of the handle is transmitted via an analog signal, in which voltage corresponds to the given position. Each axis has a separate analog pin.
For Arduino users, the manufacturer has prepared a manual to connect together with sample code. The joystick can be used to control so-called gimbal used, for example, for cameras control in flying robots.
For your convenience, our offer includes PCB stand which allows for connecting the joystick to the breadboard or via wires. The module has pins in compatible with popular standard of the goldpin strap (2.54 mm).
Using the board to connect the joystick is reduced to the following pins:
- VCC - supply voltage (3.3 V to 5 V).
- GND - ground of the system.
- VERT - the analog output for the vertical axis (in the middle position, the value is equal to half of the supply voltage VCC/2).
- HORIZ - Analog output for the horizontal axis (in the middle position, the value is equal to half of the supply voltage VCC/2).
- SEL - the status of the button - works only with Thumb Joystick with button - SparkFun