Product description: RGB LED ring WS2812B 5050 x 24 diodes - 90mm
A ring consisting of 24 individually addressable RGB LEDs with an integrated driver. You only need one pin of the microcontroller, e.g. Arduino, to operate the module. The diodes are placed in equal distances on a circle with the outer diameter of 90mm. Each of them consumes up to 18 mA, which in this case gives a total value of about 440 mA. The ring can be supplied with 5 V.
The communication protocol used allows the diodes to be connected in series. The next chain should be connected to the output connector, connecting respectively 5V, GND and DOUT from DIN. The manufacturer notes that when using more than 500 diodes, there may not be enough RAM in the Arduino Uno chip.
Connecting the LED ringThe device has four leads:
- GND - module ground
- 5 V - supply voltage, 18 mA current per one diode
- Data IN - digital control signal from the microcontroller
- Data OUT - output for connecting another ring
Product works with NeoPixel libraries from Adafruit:
In our offer you can also find rings with other dimensions.
Specifications of RGB LED ring WS2812B
- Supply voltage: 5 V
- Current consumption: 18 mA for one diode
- LEDs used: RGB LED WS2812B(documentation)
- Number of diodes: 24
- Circle outer diameter: 90 mm