Product description: MI:sound - speaker module for BBC micro:bit - Kitronik 5649-V2
Kitronik MI:soundis a module with built-in speaker, designed forBBC micro:bitversions v1 and v2. The board features a built-in speaker, aCR2032 batteryholder, a convenient to use volume control knob and an easily accessible on/off button. In addition to the previously mentioned battery, the MI:sound can be powered directly from the microUSB or JST connector on the micro:bit board. The add-on speaker module can beused in conjunction with the serial micro:bit speaker, or instead of it. In the latter case, you will get better sound quality and easier volume control. Simply modify the settings in theMakeCodeeditor.
This kit does not include themicro:bithead unit. It is available in our offer, you can buy it separately.
Kitronik MI:sound - product presentation.
Assembling the Kitronik MI:sound module
The Kitronik MI:sound should be mounted using the screws, spacers and nuts supplied. The extension is connected directly to the 3V, GND and P0 connectors on the micro:bit. Crocodile clamps may be used for this purpose. The 3V and GND connections provide power to the micro:bit, and the built-in speaker is connected to P0, which is the default output pin when using the audio function in MakeCode software.
The speaker provides better sound quality and easier volume control than the stock component on the micro:bit v2. This is especially important for projects where sound is an important integral part.
Kitronik MI:sound specification - speaker module for BBC micro:bit
- Rated voltage: 3,3 V
- Powered by a CR2032 battery(supplied)
- Current consumption when playing music at maximum volume: 46.6 mA
- Speaker output at maximum volume: 60 dB / 0.3 m
- Power supply via BBC micro:bit
- Current consumption during music playback at maximum volume: 129 mA
- Speaker output at maximum volume: 75 dB / 0.3 m
- Battery life: approx. 8 hours continuous use
- Mounting: screwing to the back of the micro:bit module
- Speaker module dimensions: 51.6 x 43 x 20.2 mm
- MI:sound - speaker module for BBC micro:bit - 1 pc
- Countersunk head screws M3 3 x 12 mm - 3 pcs.
- Steel nuts M3 - 3 pcs.
- Nylon spacers - 3 pcs.
- Battery CR2032
Theelements included in the speaker set.Batteryincluded.