Product description: Air Quality and Environmental Board v1.0 - Air quality and environmental sensor board for BBC micro:bit - Kitronik 5674
Air Quality and Environmental is an extension board for the micro:bit. It gives you the ability to monitor the air quality and environment in a given environment. The data is displayed directly on the OLED display, which is located in the middle of the board. The board includes an integrated connector for the BBC micro:bit. Built-in sensors allow you to read temperature, pressure, humidity, air quality index and eCO2. The product can be powered by AA batteries or via the microUSB port. It is also possible to charge it with solar cell, remember to put NiMh batteries in the basket then. It is suitable for various projects at home or at school.
BBC micro:bit board not included, can be purchased separately.
Kitronik has created custom MakeCode blocks to make coding simple. By clicking on the cogwheel icon in the upper right corner of the editor and selecting Extensions, you can create custom MakeCode blocks. Tutorials are available online:
- Read temperature, pressure and humidity
- Using the OLED display
- Set and display the date and time
- Logging and data transfer
Powering the Air Quality and Environmental board
The board can be powered by a 3 x AA battery holder or by a microUSB connector. Power is controlled by a power switch, with a green LED indicating the status when the board is switched on.
The board can also be charged using a solar cell, which should be used with NiMh batteries.
NOTE: Make sure the correct NiMh batteries are inserted before charging.
Air Quality and Environmental Board Specification
- Version 1.0
- 128x64 px black & white OLED display
- 3 ZIP status LEDs for visual display of data
- I2C bus (pins 19 and 20)
- EEPROM memory: 1 Mbit
- Power supply: 3 x AA battery
- MicroUSB connector
- Operating range of BME688 sensor:
- Pressure: from 300 hPa to 1100 hPa
- Temperature: from -40°C to 85°C
- Humidity: 0% RH to 100% RH
- Air Quality Index (IAQ): from 0 to 500 [where 0 = perfectly, 500 = extremely polluted]
- eCO2: 250 to 40000+ ppm [estimated].
- Dimensions: 68.5 x 48 x 28.5 mm
- PCB thickness: 1.6 mm
- 1 x Kitronik Air Quality Board
- 1 x Battery holder 3 x AA
- 1 x USB cable