PIR sensor can detect movement, it is used to detect human presence indoors in alarm and lighting systems. The sensor is powered with the voltage in the range of 4.5 V to 15 V, it has a radius of 3 meters. The object detection is indicated by a high status.
The digital output allows for the connection of the sensor with any development kit, for example, Arduino, STM32Discovery or minicomputer Raspberry Pi. The pins are goldpin connectors (pitch of 2.45 mm) for connection of the sensor with wires.
The product is compatible with Arduino
Method of application
Power supply (4.5 V to 15 V) must be connected to the external marked with the sign + and -, like in the figure below. Detection of an object, in the field of view of the sensor, is signaled with the appearance of the high status at the OUT pin.
The sensor has three pins: power supply +, -, and the digital output signal out,
- Supply voltage of DC: 4.5 V to 15 V
- Current consumption in standby mode: 50 µA
- Measuring range: max. 3 m
- Viewing angle: up to 100 °
- Time of delay: 8 sec/+ 30 %
- Digital output:
- High status (3.3 V) - an object is detected
- Low status (0 V) - no object
- The dimensions of the stand of the module: 23 x 10 mm
- Lens diameter: 10 mm
- Lens height: 11.5 mm