The sensor reduces its resistance when the force put to the tip, increases. Due to this phenomenon, and the use of microcontroller with analog to digital converter, you can build a sensor that measures the force of pressure. The measurement can be displayed, for example, on the LCD display.
Connection diagram with Arduino.
The sensor has Vin of the ADC pins. For the correct operation, the wires must be connected in the right way using, designed for pins, fields.
A graph of the resistance and the applied force
The product is compatible with Arduino
The manufacturer provides a code example for Arduino.
- Response time: < 10 µs
- Operating temperature: -20 to 60 °C
- Storage temperature: -30 °C to 60 °C
- Operating humidity: up to 90 %
- Current consumption: 5 mA to 20 mA
- The output resistance range: from ∞ to 200 Ω
- Mechanical tolerance: up to 50 µm
- Temperature effect: up to 10 %
- Influence of humidity: 20 %
- The output tolerance: max. 20 %
- Measuring range: from 5 g to 4 kg
- Dimensions: 12 x 9 x 1.55 mm
- The sensor's diameter: 5.2 mm