The product has been discontinued. Check other products in category.
Product description: Revolution Pi RevPi Core 3+ 32 GB eMMC
RevPi Core 3+ is a module adapted to work in industrial conditions, based onRaspberry Pi Compute Module 3. The minicomputer has a quad-core processorBroadcom BCM2837 ARM Cortex-A53 clocked at 1.2 GHz, 1 GBofRAM,32 GB eMMCmemory and built-in RTC chip, as well as Ethernet port, two USB 2.0 connectors, microUSB port and microHDMI.The manufacturer has prepared a specially modified version of Raspberry Pi OS system with preinstalled RTC support. It is poweredfrom 12 V to 24 V DC andenclosed in a DIN rail mounted enclosure. It supports Modbus protocol and can be programmed in Node-RED environment.
Power supply RevPi Core 3+
The RevPi Core 3+ minicomputer is equipped with a high quality DC-DC converter with80%efficiency and24Vinput voltage,which generates as little heat as possible. The module can also be supplied with a voltage lower than 10.2 V, but the manufacturer recommends a minimum supply of 12 V. When powered by 24 V, losing power for25 mswill not affect RevPi Core operation (no load on USB ports). The device is protected against high electromagnetic interference and electrical discharges. The module is powered throughscrew connectorslocated in the bottom part of the casing. Thanks to theRTC chip, the date and time will always be up to date.
RevPi Core 3+ interfaces
RevPi Core 3+ module is equipped with basic communication interfaces.
- Ethernet RJ45 port for connecting to the LAN.
- Two USB type A connectors, to which the USB 2.0 client devices can be connected. Both connectors have 5V / 500 mA output, which allows to connect different types of USB drives,pendrives, without using an active USB hub.
- The microUSB connector can work as a USB host system, e.g. to connect RevPi to the computer for the first flashing.
- MicroHDMI connector for screen connection.
Modular design of the RevPi Core 3+
Minicomputer is equipped with a specialPiBridgeconnector located on top of the case, which is used to connect the expansion modules Revolution Pi to RevPi, these are:
- 4 PiBridge pins used to automatically detect the connected module when RevPi starts up, RevPi Core knows exactly what device is connected and what physical position it is in.
- 4 PiBridge pins for fast exchange of small data packets via RS485. This channel is also used to configure the module during the boot-up phase. Once configured, it is used for cyclic data exchange between the RevPi Core and all connected IO modules.
- 8 PiBridge pins for fast exchange of large data packets over the Ethernet port. Channel used only by gateway modules, which can cyclically accumulate up to 512 bytes of data from almost all buses.
RevPi Core 3+ meets industrial requirements
Revolution Pi has adapted the Raspberry Pi for industrial use to become a true EN 61131-2 compliant IPC.
- Power supply: 12 V to 24 V DC, 10 W max.
- Operating temperature: from -40°C to 55°C
- ESD protection: 4 kV / 8 kV according to EN 61131-2 and IEC 61000-6-2
- Shock tests: according to EN 61131-2 and IEC 61000-6-2
- EMI tests: according to EN 61131-2 and IEC 61000-6-2
- UL Certified (UL file number E494534)
Raspberry Pi vs Revolution Pi
Standard versions of the Raspberry Pi are small modules equipped with interfaces found in standard PCs. The Raspberry Pi Foundation has created an inexpensive boardfor educational purposes. The Revolution Pi modules were based on the Raspberry Pi Compute Module board, for which Kunbus created an evaluation board, creating a controller with the same specifications as classicPLCs. Revolution Pi was created forindustrialapplications with the possibility of expanding its capabilities through modules with IO interfaces and communication modules.
|RevPi Core 3+ specification|
|Processor||Broadcom BMC2837B0 Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A53|
|EMMC memory||32 GB|
|Supply voltage||12 V to 24 V|
|Working temperature||from -40°C to 55°C|
|Storage temperature||from -40°C to 85°C|
|Degree of protection||IP20|
|ESD protection||4 kV / 8 kV|
|EMI test||according to EN 61131-2 and IEC 61000-6-2|
|Surge test||according to EN 61131-2 and IEC 61000-6-2|
|UL certified||yes, E494534|
|Dimensions||111 x 22.5 x 96 mm|
|1x Ethernet RJ45|
|2x USB 2.0|
|2x PiBridge (for RevPi Con modules)|