Product description: Power Pivot course - data analysis and modelling in Excel
The Power Pivot - Data Analysis and Modeling in Excel course is a comprehensive study of data processing, analysis and modeling in Microsoft spreadsheets. An intermediate level online course. It touches on the details of the Power Pivot feature and add-in for Excel 2010, 2013 and 2016.
No work without Excel
The capabilities of Excel, popular since the late 1980s, don't need to be introduced to anyone - it's an industry-leading program for a wide range of office tasks. It forms the basis of MS Office skills and is used in countless tasks around the world. The course teaches how to retrieve data from sources such as Excel tables, other Excel workbooks, text and .csv files, and Microsoft Access databases.
You will receive the download instructions and code from us at the email address you provided when placing your order no later than the next business day after receiving your payment.
Power Pivot training presentation.
Why organize data?
The reason to clearly classify and organize data is the same as the reason to clean your apartment. Keeping your databases organized and supporting your analytical skills with specialized tools allows you to solve tasks faster and independently. Navigating office, business or IT issues becomes much easier - like navigating a well-organized catalog in a library. It is also hard to deny the general, but still true, statement that the skills related to Excel are still highly demanded on the job market and that the skills declared by candidates are often lower than in reality. With the course you will gain confidence that you really "know how to Excel".
What is Power Pivot?
Power Pivot is a feature of Microsoft Excel. It is available as an add-in in Excel 2010, 2013 in separate downloads and as an add-in included with Excel 2016. Power Pivot extends the local instance of Microsoft Analysis Services Tabular that is embedded directly into an Excel workbook. It remains an invaluable tool for modeling and analyzing data.
Overview of course content
- Advanced data importing
- Combining data from multiple sources
- Creating relationships between tables
- Organizing Big Data
- Exporting Data to a Pivot Table
- Refreshing Changed Data Sets
- Automatic Relation Detection
- Analyzing and processing data using DAX language
For database enthusiasts and those who want to learn it
Prior to the release of Power Pivot, Microsoft relied heavily on SQL Server Analysis Services as the engine for its Business Intelligence suite. Power Pivot complements the core BI components of SQL Server within the vision of the Business Intelligence Semantic Model (BISM). It aims to integrate multidimensional analytics on disk formerly known as the Unified Dimensional Model (UDM) with a more flexible in-memory tabular model. As a self-service product, Power Pivot allows users to create data models and calculations without analytics skills and share them directly or through Microsoft SharePoint document libraries.
- Unlimited access, including 24/7 mobile access
- 3 hours of training
- Tests and assignments
- 20 lectures
- 20 test questions
- Certificate of completion
You can add your recommendations to your LinkedIn profile
- Introduction: 00 m 45 s
- How to use the materials: 01 m 19 s
- Data model and running the add-on: 05 m 33 s
- Excel table: 07 m 38 s
2 Import and visualization
- Data import: 14 m 59 s
- Visualization in a pivot table: 05 m 51 s - see free lesson
3. Power Pivot Interface
- Creating relationships: 15 m 02 s
- Date operations: 14 m 56 s
- Calculation columns and measures: 15 m 20 s
- KPIs: 09 m 18 s
4 DAX languages
- What is the DAX language: 09 m 49 s
- Conditional instructions: 15 m 37 s
- RELATED - "SEARCH VERTICALLY" alternative: 10 m 57 s
- LOOKUPVALUE - "SEARCH VERTICALLY" alternative: 08 m 05 s
- Calculate: 14 m 05 s
- Unique values: 08 m 46 s - see free lesson
- Date functions: 12 m 15 s
- Time functions and format: 11 m 07 s
- Text functions: 12 m 02 s
- Termination: 00 m 45 s