Product description: JAVA Course - Multithreaded Programming and Application Optimization
The course JAVA - Multithreaded Programming and Application Optimization covers the most important techniques of multithreaded programming. It is a study of multithreading mechanisms and writing applications in such a way as to optimally use the possibilities of the hardware platform. Intermediate level course. Ideal for anyone applying for a job as a Java Developer.
Overview of the course content
- Creating threads in JAVA language
- Controlling threads using the join() method
- Using volatile and synchronized keywords
- Controlling access to resources using Lock
- Efficiently create groups of threads using ExecutorService
- Semaphore, CountDownLatch, CyclicBarrier classes
- Application optimization by sharing calculations between threads
- Writing applications taking into account Deadlock, Livelock or Starvation threats
Full use of the capabilities of systems with an increasing number and power of cores means running on them programs adapted to work in a multithreaded environment. Multithreaded programming is necessary to create modern and smooth applications. JAVA training teaches the mentioned multithreading at work and introduces to the subject of optimization with the help of practical examples.
Broad knowledge base - JAVA programming language
Advanced aspects of JAVA programming require at least the basics of this language. Some of the online courses with similar topics are:
JAVA in practice
The course also covers the basics of creating threads. It teaches how to create them, run them and control their work with tools and methods such as sleep() or join(). The theory, actual work and examples in lectures are shown by real application code. Also covered is resource access when using objects implementing the Lock interface, fast thread pool creation with ExecutorService, and synchronization work with CountDownLatch and CyclicBarrier. This is a course filled to the brim with examples of the mechanisms and using them in a practical way in the background.
- Unlimited access, including 24/7 mobile access
- 5.5 hours of training
- Tests and assignments
- 39 lectures
- 24 test questions
- Certificate of completion
Table of contents