Product description: Velleman VMA430 - GPS / GLONASS u-Blox NEO-7M UART module with antenna
GPS / GLONASS NEO-7M-C module on board with goldpin connectors. It supports 50 channels, operates from 3.3 V to 5 V, communicates via UART interface (TX, RX), and refresh rate is up to 5 Hz. The module is equipped with straight goldpins.
The chip has soldered straight goldpin connectors and a ceramic antenna.
Main features of Velleman VMA430
- GLONASS system - Russian satellite navigation system covering the whole globe.
- Simple communication - device communicates through simple UART interface, i.e. RX and TX pins with default speed 9600 bps. Thanks to wide voltage range, it can work with both 3.3 V devices, like STM32 and Raspberry Pi, and 5 V devices, like Arduino
- Built-in ceramic antenna - gives sensitivity of -162 dB. Additionally, the module is equipped with SMA connector for connecting external antenna.
- Backup battery - on the back side there is a battery that allows you to keep data in the device during a power outage.
Connection and sample program
The chip has 5 goldpin pins - raster 2,54 mm. Their functions are described in the table below.
|VCC||Supply voltage 3.3 V or 5 V.|
|TXD||Serial interface transmitter to be connected to the microcontroller receiver (RX).|
|RXD .||Serial interface receiver, which must be connected to the microcontroller transmitter (TX).|
|PPS||Optional pulse-per-second signal output of the GPS module.|
Technical specification of GPS / GLONASS u-Blox NEO-7M UART module with antenna
- Supply voltage: 3.3 V to 5 V or via microUSB
- Current consumption: 50 mA
- uBlock NEO-7M module(documentation)
- Support for GLONASS system
- Communication: UART
- Position accuracy: 2,5 m
- Sensitivity: -161 dBm
- Refresh rate: 5 Hz (default 1 Hz)
- Warm start / cold start: 1 second / 30 seconds
- Has built-in antenna and connector for external SMA version