PLC - what is it?
Originally, the purpose of a programmable logic controller was to eliminate cabling to a minimum, which in practice proved problematic to use. PLCs, and in fact their construction, is based on a central processing unit, also called a CPU. A powerful processor processes data in a flash and, on its basis, performs pre-programmed actions. The device also requires two modules to work, namely a power supply and a communication module. Currently, practically every modern manufacturing plant, assembly line or factory uses controllers. What else is worth knowing about their construction?
- To store information, the controller needs free space, for example in the form of a memory card.
- The capabilities and applications of a particular PLC are determined by its inputs and outputs, which can be divided into two types - analogue and digital. Digital inputs, also called binary inputs, receive information from sensors in the form of 0 or 1. Analogue inputs, on the other hand, are used for so-called continuous measurements. In cooperation with sensors, they can measure e.g. temperature and humidity.
Depending on the specific manufacturer and model, PLCs may differ in additional functionality and thus in their application.
PLCs - applications
Wherever repetitive processes need to be performed, PLCs can be used. In practice this means that they can be found not only in industry but also in everyday life. Devices of this type can be found, among others, in smart homes and apartments. Smart Home systems are used to improve not only the comfort of homeowners, but also safety. Their "brain" is a programmable logic controller.
- In our shop you will find controllers equipped with a clear display and navigation buttons working with voltage of both 12 V and 24 V.
- We offer models designed for DIN rail mounting. Housing of selected models are characterized by tightness class even IP65. In connection with a wide range of operating temperature, they guarantee versatile use.
In addition to PLCs, we also offer software in the form of licenses and additional modules to extend the capabilities of the base device.
What else can you find in our offer?
In this category you will also find kits consisting of the controller, software, power supply, cables and additional accessories. Sets of this type are fully ready to work right after taking out of the packaging.
- Special attention should be paid to industrial controllers based on popular Raspberry Pi minicomputer. Open platforms are ideal for creating original projects.
- It is also worth paying attention to modules being open IIoT gateways. Devices of this type are used, among others, in industry. Support for popular interfaces such as OPC UA, MQTT guarantees universal application. Devices of this type can be programmed in Python, Node-RED and C. Modular design makes that the modules can be extended virtually at will with further outputs and inputs. Moreover, thanks to two Ethernet ports, the device can connect to two networks simultaneously.
If you have any questions about PLCs or other products available in our store, feel free to contact our consulting department. Experienced technicians will help you choose a model that meets 100% of your expectations. Call, send an e-mail or use the contact form.