Product description: Makeblock - mBot2 WiFi/Bluetooth STEM robot
The next generation of Makeblock 's popular educational robot - mBot. The mBot2 robot is designed with extended capabilities, applicable to both primary and secondary schools. The mBot2 is equipped with a CyberPi main module, based on ESP32-WROVER-BCyberPi main module, enriched with WiFi and Bluetooth communication, built-in sensors and much more. The STEM educational robot mBot2 is designed to provide interactive hands-on activities for students to learn the basics of robotics, programming, IoT and artificial intelligence. The user-friendly programming environment allows students and teachers to seamlessly transition from a simple, graphical Scratch-type programming method to a more advanced text editor for Python programming.
Main features of the STEM mBot2 robot
- Based on CyberPi module. CyberPi controller is equipped with various sensors, color display and WiFi communication capability. These features enable a wide range of applications in curriculum topics in computer science, robotics, data science, and artificial intelligence, combined with other curriculum areas such as math, physics, etc. (STEM).
- Precision control. The mBot2 robot motors are equipped with encoders that allow precise control of rotation, speed, and position, enabling the integration of math, physics, and engineering principles.
- Enhanced robot design. mBot2 features a new ultrasonic sensor with LEDs and a Quad RGB sensor, consisting of four color sensors for color detection or line tracking. The robot can be expanded with more Makeblock Education sensors and structural parts and smart electronic modules.
Layout of the mBot2 robot components
- mBot2 Shield - compatible with a wide range of components and with a built-in lithium-ion battery.
- Quad RGB sensor - four sensors for color detection and enabling line tracking.
- CyberPi - ESP32 microcontroller based module with wireless communication, enabling block and Python programming.
- Ultrasonic sensor - object detection is supported by 8 programmable LEDs.
- Motor encoders - increased accuracy of movement, distance traveled and angle of rotation to 1°. Rotational speed can be controlled up to 200 rpm.
|Specification of the educational robot mBot 2|
|Processor||Dual-Core 32-bit 240 MHz|
|Number of programs in memory||Up to 8|
|Wireless communication||Bluetooth / WiFi|
|Chassis||Metal, components bolted together using tools provided in the kit|
|Power supply||Built-in 2500 mAh Li-Ion battery charged via USB C|
|Number of pieces included||40|