Product Description: SparkFun 9DoF IMU Breakout - ISM330DHCX, MMC5983MA - Qwiic - SEN-1995
SparkFun Qwiic 9DoF IMU Breakout combines a high-performance digital ISM330DHCX accelerometer , a gyroscope and a highly sensitive three-axis magnetometer MMC5983MA . The module measures linear acceleration in the range of ± 2 / ± 4 / ± 8 / ± 16 g and angular velocity in the range of ± 125 / ± 250 / ± 500 / ± 1000 / ± 2000 / ± 4000 dps . There are also two Qwiic connectors on the board, allowing for a simple connection, without the need for soldering, and outputs in the form of solder pads.
The board combines a high-performance digital ISM330DHCX accelerometer, a gyroscope and a highly sensitive three-axis magnetometer MMC5983MA.
Application of the IMU sensor
IMU type sensors are designed to inform about the current location and motion parameters. They use three different sensors for this purpose: an accelerometer, a magnetometer and a gyroscope. They can be found in many applications related to lens stabilization, broadly understood automation and robotics, in navigation systems, as well as during monitoring and vibration compensation.
What is the Qwiic connector?
Qwiic SparkFun is an ecosystem that includes numerous sensors based on the I2C bus , executive modules and dedicated cables. The main assumption of this solution is to improve the prototyping process. All elements supporting the Qwiic standard use a common, 4-pin JST connector with a spacing of 1 mm . This reduces the amount of space required on the PCB. It also protects against connection inconsistent with the polarity.
Technical specification ISM330DHCX - accelerometer and gyroscope
- Supply voltage from 1.71 V to 3.6 V
- Accelerometer: Measures linear acceleration in a range ± 2 / ± 4 / ± 8 / ± 16 g
- Gyroscope: measures the angular velocity in a range ± 125 / ± 250 / ± 500 / ± 1000 / ± 2000 / ± 4000 dps
- Operating temperature range: -40 ° C to 105 ° C
- Auxiliary SPI serial interface for data output from gyroscope and accelerometer (OIS and other stabilization applications)
- Six-channel synchronized output
- Sensor concentrator function to collect data from additional external sensors
- Built-in intelligent FIFO up to 9kB
- I2C interface addresses:
- default: 0x6B
- alternate: 0x6A
Utilizing the handy Qwiic system, no soldering is required to connect the module to the rest of the system.
Technical specification MMC5983MA - magnetometer
- Supply voltage: 2.8 V to 3.6 V
- 3 axes
- Resolution: 18 bits for each axis
- Total RMS Noise (RMS): 0.4 mG
- Course accuracy: ± 0.5º
- FSR: ± 8G
- Maximum output data rate: 1000Hz
- Communication interface: SPI / I2C
- I2C address: 0x30