Small, round module with microcontroller AVR Atmega 32u4 is designed to support smart clothes. Thanks to the miniUSB connector, as well as uploaded bootloader, the module can be programmed directly fromthe Arduino IDE environment. The board has small dimensions (the diameter is 45 mm, height 7 mm), it can be powered by voltage from 3.5 V to 16 V.
The Flora controller is designed to handle smart clothes. On the board are specially designed pads that allow soldering the latches to conductive threads. A special power system allows to connect up to 50LEDs,or 500 pixels from a separate source of 5 V. The rear part is completely smooth and that allows the attachment of the controller to the clothes, for example, usinga magnetic clip.
The device can be powered in the range from 3.5 V to 16 V withany batteryusing a JST slot or the miniUSB connector. Flora has a built-in regulator 3.3 V with performance of 150 mA. The board consists of four LEDs which control: powering, operation of the bootloader and the pins RX and TX.
Programming (Arduino IDE)
The Flora module can be programmed using the Arduino IDE environment. For this, you needto download and install specially-prepared by the manufacturer, software, connect the board using the miniUSB cable and choose in the options the Arduino Leonardo module.
Smart clothes in action.
- Supply voltage: 3.5 V to 5 V
- Microcontroller Atmega32u4:
- Flash memory: 8 KB (2.75 KB of which is occupied by the bootloader)
- SRAM: 512 b
- EEPROM: 512 b
- Clock frequency: internal oscillator 8 MHz
- Installed Arduino bootloader (Leonardo)
- Works with a modified version of theArduino IDE
- Mini-usb connector for programming, in our assortment, you will find the necessary wire
- Installed voltage regulator of 3.3 V with current delivery up to 150 mA
- Power supply from USB port or from an external source with automatic switching system
- The board consists of four control LEDs: power, operation of the bootloader and the RX and TX pins
- Displayed RESET button
- The power displayed on the JST connector
- The possibility to solder the ICSP connector to external programmer
- The board diameter: 45 mm
- Height: 7 mm
- Weight: approx. 5 g
Examples of projects
- Flora and NeoPixels
- GPS jacket
- Flora and accelerometer
- LED tie
- A gamepad with use of a pillow
- Shining belt
- LED trousers
- Clothes that are changing colors - chameleon
- Smart glove