Product description: Digital distance sensor - 15 cm - Pololu 4054
Digitaldistance sensormodule from Pololu. Allows you to detect the presence of objects within a radius of up to15 cm. It informs about their presence, but does not return data on the distance at which the object is located. The supply voltage is in the rangefrom 3 V to 5.5 Vand communication is done via adigitalinterface. A low state occurs when an object is detected, and a high state occurs if the sensor detects nothing. The sensor makescontinuousdistancemeasurementsand uses onlyone digital output.
Distance sensors are readily used inmobile robotdesigns. They are used in the construction of fighting machines to detect the enemy or mobile platforms, where they are used to detect obstacles.
Connecting the distance sensor
The module has three leads in the form of soldering fields:
- VIN- power supply pin in the range from 3 V to 5 V
- GND- system ground
- OUT- digital output signal
Pinout is consistent with goldpin connectors with 2.54 mm pitch. In addition, on the board there is anENABLEpin, switched on by default, which can be used to switch the chip intolowcurrent mode.
- Operating voltage: 3 V to 5.5 V
- Current consumption:
- when sensor is on: 30 mA
- when sensor is off: 0.4 mA
- Measuring range: up to 15 cm
- Output value: digital signal (low state when object is detected, high state otherwise)
- Update rate: 65 Hz (10.6 ms period)
- Field of view (FOV): 15° (field of view may vary depending on object reflectivity and environmental conditions)
- Module dimensions: 21.6 x 8.9 x 3.1 mm
- Weight: 0.4 g