Product description: Digital distance sensor - 5 cm - Pololu 4050
Digitaldistance sensormodule from Pololu. It enables the detection of objects within a radius of5 cm. The supply voltage is in the range of3 V to 5.5 Vand communication is done via adigitalinterface. A low state occurs when an object is detected and a high state otherwise. The sensor makescontinuousdistancemeasurementsand uses onlyone digital output. The module can be used with standardcontact boards. To do so,goldpin connectorsmust be soldered to its leads.
Distance sensors are eagerly used by designers ofmobile robots. They are used in fighting constructions, in order to detect the opponent, or mobile platforms, where they are used to detect obstacles.
Connecting the distance sensor
The module has three pins:
- VIN- power pin in the range of 3 V to 5 V,
- GND- system ground,
- OUT- digital output signal.
Pinout is in accordance with goldpin connectors with 2.54 mm pitch. Additionally on the board there isENABLEpin, switched on by default, which is used to switch the chip intolowcurrent mode.
- Operating voltage: 3 V to 5.5 V
- Current consumption:
- when sensor is on: 30 mA
- when sensor is off: 0.4 mA
- Measuring range: 0 cm to 5 cm
- Output value: digital signal (low state when object is detected, high state otherwise)
- Update rate: 145 Hz (6.9 ms period)
- Field of view (FOV): 15° (field of view may vary depending on object reflectivity and environmental conditions)
- Module dimensions: 21.6 x 8.9 x 3.1 mm
- Weight: 0.4 g