Product description: digital distance sensor - 50 cm - Pololu 4064
Digital distance sensor capable of detecting an object within a radius of up to 50 cm. The supply voltage ranges from 3 V to 5.5 V and communication is via a digital interface. A low state occurs when an object is detected and a high state occurs if the sensor detects nothing. It returns a reading in the form of a digital pulse whose width depends on the distance at which the detected object is located. The farther away the obstacle is, the wider the pulse at the sensor output. The sensor makes continuous distance measurements and uses only one digital output. The module is produced by Pololu.
In our offer you will also find other distance sensors, including analog and ultrasonic sensors, as well as accessories for distance sensors.
Connecting the distance sensor
The module has three leads in the form of solder fields:
- VIN - power supply pin from 3V to 5V
- GND - system ground
- OUT - digital output signal
Lead spacing is consistent with goldpin connectors - 2.54 mm pitch. Moreover, the board is also equipped with ENABLE pin, by default switched on, which can be used to switch the chip into low current mode.
- Output value: digital pulse width
- Operating voltage: 3 V to 5.5 V
- Current consumption:
- when sensor is switched on: 30 mA
- when sensor is off: 0.4 mA
- Maximum measurement range: up to 50 cm (depending on ambient conditions and reflectivity)
- Reading update rate: 50 Hz to 110 Hz (20 ms to 9 ms period)
- Field of view (FOV): 15° (field of view may vary depending on object reflectance and environmental conditions)
- Sensor dimensions: 21.6 x 8.9 x 3.1 mm
- Weight: 0.4 g