Product description: Digital distance sensor - 10 cm - Pololu 4052
Digitaldistance sensormodule manufactured by Pololu. Allows detection of objects within a radius of up to10 cm. It informs about their presence but does not return data about the distance at which the object is located. Supply voltage rangesfrom 3 V to 5.5 Vand communication is via adigitalinterface. A low state occurs when an object is detected, and a high state if not. The sensor makescontinuousdistancemeasurementsand uses onlyone digital output. The module can be used with standardcontact boards. To do so,goldpin connectorsmust be soldered to its leads.
Distance sensors are often used inmobile robotdesigns. They are used in the construction of fighting machines to detect the enemy or mobile platforms, where they are used to detect obstacles.
We also offer otherdistance sensors, includinganalogandultrasonicsensors andaccessories for distancesensors.
Connecting the distance sensor
The module has three pins:
- VIN- power supply pin in the range from 3 V to 5 V
- GND- system ground
- OUT- digital output signal
Pinout is compatible with goldpin connectors with 2.54mm pitch. Additionally on the board isENABLEpin, by default switched on, which can be used to switch the chip intolowcurrent mode.
- Operating voltage: 3 V to 5.5 V
- Current consumption:
- when sensor is on: 30 mA
- when sensor is off: 0.4 mA
- Measuring range: up to 10 cm
- Output value: digital signal (low state when object is detected, high state otherwise)
- Maximum update rate: 115 Hz (8.7 ms period)
- Field of view (FOV): 15° (field of view may vary depending on object reflectivity and environmental conditions)
- Module dimensions: 21.6 x 8.9 x 3.1 mm
- Weight: 0.4 g