Li-Pol battery - basic information
In this category you will find efficient and reliable Li-Pol batteries connected in series to obtain 7.4 V voltage. The cells are marked as 2S, which means they consist of two cells. Small size combined with relatively low weight guarantee versatile use. In the assortment of our shop we offer batteries distinguished by different electrical parameters, that is current capacity and maximum charging current. We offer only cells manufactured by reputable companies with years of experience. In Botland shop you will find batteries of such brands as Redox, Dualsky, Electro River, Gens Ace, GFC Energy, GPX Extreme, Specna ARMS and others.
Li-Pol batteries - wide selection of models
In this category we have prepared cells with capacity from 220 mAh to 8000 mAh. Wide assortment makes matching the battery to the specific project or circuit is not a problem.
- The Li-Pol 2S 7.4V battery is available in both single and dual module versions.
- Individual models also differ from each other in the maximum continuous discharge current recommended by the manufacturer. This parameter is marked with C letter.
- We offer Li-Pol batteries equipped with different types of leads. There are versions with T-DEANS, JST-BEC, XT60 connectors and JST-XH, JST-XHR balancer output. In this category you will also find batteries with Tamiya connectors and with many other leads.
- Especially noteworthy is Li-Pol 2S 7.4 V battery with built-in voltage indicator in the form of LED.
In Botland shop assortment you will also find lithium-polymer cells closed in a solid hardcase. Thanks to it the battery is protected against mechanical damage. This type of cells are ideal for stable powering of RC models.
What distinguishes a Li-Pol battery?
Batteries made in lithium-polymer technology are used both in robotics, electronics, and modeling. Due to the stable operation they are also used to provide energy to smart clothes, toys, music players, GPS navigation, phones and other devices. What else characterizes a Li-Polymer battery? What should you know about it?
- The anode (+) of a Li-Poly battery is made of graphite. In turn, the cathode (-) is made of lithium compounds.
- A characteristic feature of these cells is a very slow process of self-discharge. In practice, this means that even in the case of a long period of inactivity, Li-Pol batteries retain their electrical parameters, so they are immediately ready to work.
Proper use of batteries made in the lithium-polymer technology includes the use of appropriate chargers, which are also available in our offer.
How to take care of Li-Pol 2S 7.4 V battery?
In order to maximally extend the life of Li-Poly batteries, first of all you should not allow them to be excessively discharged and overcharged. Why is this so important? First of all, because such actions may lead to complete damage to the cell. What else is worth knowing?
- Li-Poly battery can not be stored in a discharged state. The best way is to keep the cell in a dry place and charge it to about 60%.
- Another valuable tip concerns the operating temperature. Exposing the battery to extremely high or low temperatures can also end up damaging it.
Moreover, unprotected cells must be protected from mechanical damage. If you have any questions about lithium polymer batteries or other products available in our shop, feel free to contact our advisors.