Features of lithium polymer batteries
In contrast to the cells of the older type, Li-Pol batteries do not have an undesirable memory effect. In practice, this means that they can be successfully used to provide stable power to simple projects and electronic circuits. The anode (+) of the cell is made of graphite, while the cathode (-) is made of lithium compounds. In this category, batteries are available with different capacity, current capacity, as well as dimensions. Such a wide range makes it easy to match the right power source to your system. In our shop you will find only Li-Pol batteries from proven manufacturers, such as Akyga, Cellevia, Dualsky, Redox, Pi Supply, GPX Extreme.
- Li-Pol 1S 3.7 V battery is distinguished by high energy density and slow discharge. Even when stored for a long time, it retains its electrical parameters. This means that the battery is fully operational even after a long period of inactivity.
- Thanks to the gel electrolyte, these cells are significantly safer, as the risk of spilling is reduced to zero. This substitution makes Li-Polymer batteries more widely used than Li-Ion cells.
- Due to its parameters, the Li-Pol battery is characterized by universal application. It can be used to power toys, phones, GPS navigation, music players, smart clothes, 3D glasses, robots and many other electrical and electronic devices.
Proper and safe operation of lithium-polymer cells primarily involves the use of special chargers. Devices of this type are designed for efficient replenishment in Li-Pol batteries. You will find them in Botland offer.
Li-Pol batteries - wide selection of models
In this category are available cells without wires with leads in the form of electrodes and batteries with wires. We offer, among others, models with cable ended with JST socket, connection terminals and ordinary cables of different length. We offer Li-Pol battery models equipped with PCM system, whose main task is to protect cells against overcharging, too deep discharge, and negative effects caused by short circuit.
How to care for Li-Polymer batteries?
To maximally extend the life of the cell, it must be properly maintained. The most common mistake is a deep discharge of lithium-polymer batteries, which in extreme cases can lead to damage.
- The battery must not be exposed to extreme temperatures. This applies to both positive and negative temperatures. In the user manual or technical documentation there is information about the so-called operating temperature range.
- Correct storage is also extremely important. A Li-Pol battery should not be stored in a discharged state, as this can cause damage. It is good practice to leave it about 60% charged.
- Mechanical damage to the cells should be avoided. This also applies to falls from heights.
The intended use of lithium polymer batteries guarantees a long service life and trouble-free operation. If you have any questions about the cells or other products in our range, please do not hesitate to contact our advisors.