A small but irreplaceable high-tech electronic component
In current times, more and more types of connector models appear. Some of them have to work in difficult conditions, as they are often exposed to vibrations, water, dirt and contamination. Therefore, they must be properly constructed. The connectors should be easy to use, quick to assemble, and possible to connect quickly, safely and effectively. When it comes to safety, it is ensured by the insulation used between the outlets. This is particularly important given that connectors often operate in harsh conditions where they can easily become dirty, flooded with water or exposed to extreme temperatures. The selection of connectors should be guided by details of their specifications, such as resistance, pressure and protection. At Botland, we have prepared a detailed list for each model in order to facilitate the selection of suitable connectors for your needs and expectations.
What to pay attention to when selecting a connector
Make sure that the connector is selected properly for your needs. We have decided to make the task a little easier for you and to present some of the most important rules.
1) Application: the connector must have the right number of signal and power contacts and have the right configuration.
2) Quick and easy installation: while reading the descriptions and opinions on the Internet, make sure that the installation of the connector is quick and easy to do
3) Electrical specifications: read important connector information. It is worth noting the total number of signals, the value of transmitted voltage, frequency, current and the type of signal.
4) Available space: Depending on your needs and conditions, choose the size of the connector accordingly. It is worth noting that many devices are currently decreasing. This trend also applies to connectors. Remember that in case of incompatibility you can always use adapters and expanders.
5) Work conditions: Consider the conditions under which the connector has to work. If you think that extreme temperatures, water or exposure to contamination may occur, it is worth applying additional sealing.
6) Standards: Does the connector have to meet any standards?
7) Reliability: The performance of the connector is also affected by how often you intend to connect and disconnect it. That's why some devices have the so-called MTBF (Mean Time Before Failure) or MTTF (Mean Time To Failure) parameter, which is the average time for failure-free operation.
8) Type of endings: Endings connect the pins of the connector or socket with the cable. There are several different types of endings: crimped, soldered, press-fit, quick-connectors, ARK connectors, etc. Each of them has its advantages and disadvantages, and the manufacturing technology largely determines the quality of the connection and its durability.
9) Durability and safety of the connection: many connectors are exposed to shocks and vibrations (e.g. in automation). In such cases, it is good to use spring connectors or ARK connectors.
If you have any doubts, do not hesitate to contact the technical department of Botland store. Our employees will be more than happy to help you.