Li-Pol battery - basic technical information
In this category you will find only verified Li-Pol batteries, produced by reputable companies, such as Dualsky, Redox, Tattu, Specna ARMS, GFC Energy, GPX Extreme, Electro River and others. The 3S designation indicates that the Li-Poly battery consists of 3 cells. They are connected in series, thanks to which they obtain voltage equal to 11.1 V.
- The batteries are characterized by varying capacity, which ranges from 500 mAh to 6000 mAh. Such a wide selection makes it easy to match the right Li-Pol battery to your project.
- Individual cells also differ in current capacity and maximum charging current. They are marked with the letter C.
- Both single- and three-cell batteries are available. In this category you will find models with T-DEANS, XT90 and XT60 connectors. You can also choose versions with balancer plug type JST-XHR, JST-XH and cells with Tamiya connectors.
- If you want to control the voltage of your Li-Polymer battery, we encourage you to look at the offer of models equipped with an integrated voltage indicator LED.
Our store offers CE and RoHS certified cells that ensure high safety.
What else distinguishes a Li-Pol 3S 11.1 V battery?
Lithium polymer cells are distinguished by universal application. They are ideally suited to robotics, electronics and modelling. They can be safely used for stable powering of author's projects and toys, RC models, AEG replicas and in many other devices. What else is worth knowing about them?
- The anode (+) of a Li-Polymer battery is made of graphite. In turn, the cathode (-) consists of lithium compounds.
- In contrast to the so-called old-type batteries made in Ni-Cd and Ni-MH technology, Li-Pol batteries are characterized by a very slow self-discharge process. Even in a longer period of inactivity they are fully ready to work.
It is worth adding that for proper use of batteries made in lithium-polymer technology it is necessary to use special chargers. Such devices guarantee an effective and, above all, safe replenishment of energy.
Practical tips for using Li-Pol batteries
When using Li-Polymer batteries the voltage of individual cells should not be too high or too low. Such behaviour may lead to complete battery damage. No cell in the pack should have a voltage lower than 3 V and higher than 4.2 V. What other actions contribute to prolonging battery life?
- Long storage of discharged cells in extreme cases causes their complete damage. For this reason, if you plan on not using batteries for a longer period of time, you should charge them to approximately 60%. It is good practice to store them in a dry, cool and shaded place.
- Mechanical damage to the cells often leads to partial or complete failure of the battery. This applies to shocks as well as falls from heights. Exceptions are cells enclosed in robust and durable hardcases.
- Manufacturers of batteries indicate safe temperature range, in which cells can work. Exposure to extremely positive or negative temperatures often results in battery damage.
If you have any questions or concerns about lithium polymer batteries or other products available in our store, feel free to contact us.