Product description: BMP390L - pressure and temperature sensor - STEMMA QT / Qwiic - Adafruit 4816
Sensor module equipped with Bosch BMP388 and BMP390 digital barometer. Enables precise measurement of pressure and height in the pressure range from 300 hPa to 1250 hPa, with relative measurement accuracy of ± 0,08 hPa and absolute measurement accuracy of ± 0,5 hPa. Powered by voltage in range of 3 V to 5 V DC. The module uses I2C and SPI bus to communicate with the main module, e.g. Arduino or Metro. Equipped with STEMMA QT / Qwiic connectors, which can be used to connect sensor with microcontroller.
- Used in drone and quadcopter projects to maintain a stable flight altitude.
- As a complementary sensor in any flying projects to track altitude above sea level.
- To measure temperature with an accuracy of ± 0.5°C.
Sensor pinout description from Adafruit
- VIN - supply pin with voltage from 3V to 5V DC
- 3Vo - supply pin with voltage 3,3 V
- GND - system ground pin
- SCL - I2C / SPI logic pin - communication interface clock line pin
- SDO - SPI logic pin - output pin of communication interface data line
- SDA - I2C / SPI logic pin - communication interface data line pin
- CS - Chip select (activated by low state)
- INT - interrupt pin
Example of sensor connection using STEMMA QT / Qwiic connectors and Metro board which is Arduino equivalent.
- Integrated circuit: BMP388 and BMP390
- Supply voltage: from 3 V to 5 V DC
- Communication interface: SPI / I2C
- I2C interface address: 0x77
- Sensor BMP388 and BMP390:
- pressure measurement range: from 300 hPa to 1250 hPa
- relative accuracy of pressure measurement: ± 0.08 hPa (at altitude ± 0.66 m, pressure from 900 hPa to 1100 hPa and temperature from 25°C to 40°C)
- absolute pressure measurement accuracy: ± 0.5 hPa (at a temperature of -20°C to 65°C and a pressure of 300 hPa to 1100 hPa)
- temperature: 0°C to 65°C
- temperature measurement accuracy: ± 0,5°C
- maximum sampling frequency: 200 Hz
- Connectors: STEMMA QT / Qwiic