Product description: Al-Speaker loT&audio gateway - developer version AIS Dom (DEV 3)
IoT gateway allowing to integrate thousands of smart home elements and control them using voice commands in Polish language. AI-Speaker is based on Home Assistant Core system, one of the most popular home automation systems with over 1760 integrations. The device also supports Zigbee2Mqtt software connecting more than 1400 ZigBee devices (by connecting an external coordinator, e.g. ConBee II) and WiFi communication allowing to connect more than 1930 WiFi devices. AIS TTS/STT communication converts text to speech and speech to text and enables control of devices with Polish language commands. The gateway is equipped with a built-in AIS Audio Player that can be used to play hundreds of radio stations, podcasts, free audio books, YouTube and Spotify.
The manufacturer has prepared a demo version of the home assistant.
AIS Home software
AI-Speaker gateway software is based on Android and Home Assistant Core, supports most popular smart home devices and works locally in your home, does not collect data in the cloud. The device acts as a bridge between the Internet of Things devices and your home network. The app presents the statuses of the devices and the ability for the user to control them. The software in the gateway allows for:
- translating voice commands into commands understandable by devices
- collect information and control devices
- triggering commands based on user configuration
- delivering and presenting content on user request
The platform contains 4 main system components, the first three of which are installed on the gateway:
- Android system with Linux environment: minimal base system and additional packages available via APT package manager from Ais Linux repository.
- Automation platform: modified and completed (with additional services, automatic device detection and other enhancements) Home Assistant platform.
- Additional apps: our apps available on Google Play.
- Online services: online service defined radio stations, podcasts, news feeds and access to external services requiring authentication.
The AI-Speaker gateway in the lower right corner has a built-in NFC tag that has your gateway's unique ID programmed into it by default. If your phone has NFC, this allows you to quickly and easily connect to your gateway using the free AIS home app (no need to enter your gateway address).
- Dev3 gateway
- Power supply
- HDMI cable
- Radio remote control + USB dongle
AI-Speaker gateway specification
|Software||Home assistant, Linux environment, Android (root)|
|Processor||Amlogic 5905X3 Quad-Core 4x Cortex-A55|
|Built-in memory||128 GB eMMC|
|Memory card slot||microSD, max. 64 GB (not included)|
|USB||2 (1x OTG, 1x USB 3.0)|
|AV||jack 3.5 mm|
|Ethernet||10 / 100 / 1000 MB/s|
|WiFi||2.4 GHz / 5 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n|
|VFD display||shows current time and device status|
|Power supply||5 V / 2 A|
|Remote control||2.4 GHz with microphone and USB adapter|