Product description: Engraving Laser 3D/CNC - PLH3D-15W - 24V
The versatile PLH3D-15W industrial laser head is designed for engraving and cutting with a real optical power of 15 watts. The compact laser head can work with wood-like materials, leather, textiles and plastics. It is also the first compact CNC laser head that not only marks metal but also engraves deeply. It uses blue laser light, which performs much better at engraving than infrared light. It communicates through an analog port, PWM or TTL. The laser is powered by 24 V, the communication port works with voltages from 0 V to 3 V, 0 V to 5 V, 0 V to 10 V and 0 V to 24 V.
Main features of the PLH3D-15W laser
- High optical power in its class - uses multiple high power blue laser diodes to scale optical power.
- Powered by blue laser diodes - unlike infrared light, blue light is more easily absorbed by numerous materials.
- Aspheric Lenses - The laser module features four precision-formed lenses, each of which is virtually free of imperfections. The design, combined with a multi-layer anti-reflection coating, provides excellent optical performance and a spectacular power density of 1.5 MW / cm2.
- Power synergy and narrow beam spot - the optical system combines the beams from multiple laser diodes and focuses them into a narrow spot.
- Lightweight design - The lightweight aluminum body makes the laser weigh less than 800g. Since a typical CNC spindle weighs about 1.8 kg, CNC machines can easily operate the PLH3D-15W head.
- Easy integration - it can be configured on almost any CNC machine as it supports analog and PMW signals.
- Instant on - no warm-up required.
- High pressure air nozzle - with this nozzle you can clean the lens 10 times less often. Compressed air also speeds up the cutting and engraving process, removing smoke and preventing excessive dirt build-up on the lens. It also cools the work area, resulting in a defect-free and uniform engraving contrast.
- Integrated control electronics - extends laser diode life.
- Longer Lifetime - Blue laser diodes have a longer lifetime, typically 20000 hours. The life of an average CO2 glass tube laser cutter and engraver diode is 3000 hours.
|Plywood||Cut||3 mm||6 mm/s||1|
|Cutting||3 mm||16 mm/sec.||4|
|Cutting||6 mm||7 mm/sec.||4|
|MDF||Cutting||3 mm||17 mm/s||4|
|Cutting||6 mm||7 mm/s||4|
|White Cordura fabric||Cut||0.2 mm||5 mm/s||1|
|Cutting||0.2 mm||20 mm/sec.||3|
|Genuine leather||Cutting||1.5 mm||9 mm/s||1|
|Cutting||1.5 mm||30 mm/sec.||4|
|Black Plexiglas (PMMA)||Cutting||3.6 mm||2.5 mm/sec.||1|
|Cutting||3.6 mm||12 mm/sec.||4|
|Stainless steel||Marking||N/A||33 mm/sec.||1|
|Carbon steel||Marking||N/A||33 mm/sec.||1|
|Laser head specifications|
|Optical power||15 W (at 25°C ambient temperature)|
|Beam length||445 nm|
|Working distance||4 mm (distance from air nozzle tip)|
|Beam spot width||up to 180 µm|
|Supply voltage||22 V to 24 VDC|
|Power consumption||up to 85 W|
|Modulation input 1||0 V to 5 V - analog / PWM / TTL|
|Modulation input 2||0 V to 3 V, 0 V to 5 V, 0 V to 10 V, 0 V to 24 V - PWM / TTL|
|Maximum modulation bandwidth||30 kHz - recommended from 5 kHz to 10 kHz|
|Working temperature||from 10°C to 45°C|
|Size of standard compressed air nozzle||4 mm|
|Maximum compressed air pressure||5 bar|
|Mounting holes spacing||77 x 68 mm|
|Dimensions||167 x 70 x 87 mm|