Product description: Luxonis Oak-DW PoE - AI set for image recognition - Fixed-Focus
Oak-DW by Luxonis in the PoE version is a module that allows you to process any spatial model from the AI level. The device is powered by the Movidius Myriad X VPU, uses Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) technology for communication and power. Fully compliant with 802.3af and PoE Class 3 standards at 1000BASE-T (1Gbps) speeds. The module from Luxonis has three cameras - two 1 Mpx 1280 x 800 px stereo cameras and one 12 Mpx Fixed-Focus camera. A PoE switch (not included) is required to power the device via the Ethernet connector.
What is the DepthAI platform?
The DepthAI platform was created by Luxonis to enable Spatial Artificial Intelligence (Spatial AI) to be embedded in products. DepthAI hardware, firmware, and software combine depth perception, object detection (neural inference), and object tracking , all of which can be easily leveraged using a Python API .
Luxonis uses the Myriad X VPU vision processor.
The manufacturer has also prepared a detailed user guide - check it out!
Myriad X VPU
- 4 TOPS of processing power (1.4 TOPS for AI)
- Ability to run any AI model, also with non-standard architecture and construction (models must be converted )
- Encoding H.264, H.265, MJPEG - 4K / 30fps, 1080p / 60fps
- Computer Vision : Warp/Distort, Resize, Crop with ImageManip, Edge Detection, Feature Tracking, and Activate Custom CV Functions
- Stereo depth perception at 120 fps with filtering
- 2D and 3D object tracking
Comparison of Auto-Focus and Fixed Focus versions
Oak modules are available in two versions, Fixed-Focus and Auto-Focus , which differ only in the configuration of the central camera. The Fixed-Focus variant has a mechanically fixed (fixed-focus) lens, and the Auto-Focus model focuses automatically through a built-in electromagnet that dynamically controls the position of the lens .
- Auto-Focus cameras are recommended for observing objects in close proximity - in the range of 10 cm to 50 cm from the device. They can also be manually set to a specific focus position using the DepthAI API.
- Fixed-Focus cameras are used in environments with strong vibrations, they are used in devices such as drones.
Technical specification Luxonis Oak-D W PoE
- RGB camera:
- sensor: IMX378
- type: Fixed-Focus
- resolution: 12 Mpx (4032 x 3040 px)
- maximum frame rate: 60 fps
- focus: Fixed-Foxus from 60 cm to infinity
- viewing angle (D/H/V): 120° / 95° / 70°
- lens size: 1/2.3''
- pixel size: 1.55 x 1.55 µm
- stereo camera
- sensor: OV9282
- resolution: 1 Mpx (1280 x 800 px)
- maximum frame rate: 120 fps
- focus: Fixed-Focus from 18 cm to infinity
- viewing angle (D/H/V): 150° / 128° / 80°
- pixel size: 3 x 3 µm
- Housing: IP67
- Dimensions: 111 x 40 x 31.3mm
- Weight: 184g
- Luxonis Oak-DW PoE - Fixed-Focus
- M12 - RJ45 cable, 2 m long
- Cleaning cloth