Product description: Antclabs BLTouch v3.1 - table auto leveling sensor for 3D printers
BLTouch is a kind ofsemiconductor Hall sensor. It is used in3D printersas an auto-leveling sensor to accurately measure the inclination of the working table surface. It can be used to calibrate planes made of various materials, including glass and metal. The main components of BLTouch are an RC servo and a microswitch. The product can be installed in numerous models of 3D printers on the market.
Due to the wide variety of motherboards, the manufacturer has prepareda guideto help you install the BLTouch sensor.
Antclabs BLTouch - auto-leveling sensor for 3D printers.
Sensor pinout description
To connect the BLTouch sensor you need to use five leads, divided into two plugs with three and two connectors:
- Orangewire: I/O pin for control (PWM or software PWM)
- Redwire: Power supply 5 V
- Brownwire: GND
- Whitewire: I/O pin for Z min (endstop / Z-probe)
- Blackwire: GND
Most motherboards have their own_SERVO pin to which the BLTouch can be connected. Since each_SERVO pin has its own number, the sensor will be controlled by the number as follows:
- M280 P0 S90 ← SERVO0_PIN
- M280 P1 S90 ← SERVO1_PIN
- M280 P2 S90 ← SERVO2_PIN
For some motherboards it may be necessary to re-solder the components and update the software. Please refer to theuser manualfor details.
- Supply voltage: 4.8 to 5.1 V
- Current: 15 mA
- Maximum current: 300 mA
- Z-probe output: Logic free (default open drain) or 5 V logic voltage
- Open drain VDS / ID: up to 5 V / 300 mA
- Included cable length: 150 mm (± 5 mm)
- Weight: 10 g
- BLTouch sensor v3.1 - 1 pc.
- Screw with nut and washer -2 pcs.
- Springs for mounting the sensor - 2 pcs.
- 3-pin plug housing - 2 pcs.
- 2-pin plug housing - 2 units.
- 1-pin plug housing - 1 pc.
- Male pins - 6 pieces.
- Female pins - 6 pcs.
- Jumper - 1 pc.