Product description: SparkFun Micro 6 DoF IMU - ISM330DHCX - 3-axis accelerometer and gyroscope - SparkFun SEN-20176
A miniature 6 DoF module equipped with the ISM330DHCX system by STMicroelectronics - a 3-axis accelerometer and a 3-axis gyroscope . Enables measurement of linear acceleration in the range of ± 2 / ± 4 / ± 8 / ± 16 g with the possibility of selecting the full scale and angular velocity in the range of ± 125 / ± 250 / ± 500 / ± 1000 / ± 2000 / ± 4000 dps with an extended selection full scale. SparkFun Micro 6 DoF IMU has Qwiic connectors, allowing for a simple connection (without soldering), it communicates via the I2C or SPI bus. It has additional calibration and compensation circuits to ensure better performance in a wide temperature range: from -40 ° C to 105 ° C. It has a built-in intelligent FIFO up to 9kB and additional functions such as: tilt, free fall, wake up, 6D / 4D orientation, pedometer, it also has a machine learning core that allows you to recognize some basic gestures.
Application of the IMU sensor
IMU sensors are used in many applications related to lens stabilization, widely understood automation and robotics, navigation systems, as well as during monitoring and vibration compensation. We can also find them in smartphones, tablets and various types of video game controllers.
What is an accelerometer? What does it do?
An accelerometer, also known as an accelerometer , is a sensor that allows you to determine the acceleration (in three axes). An accelerometer is a kind of transducer that measures linear acceleration, i.e. it measures its own motion. Are you wondering where the accelerometer is actually used? You can even find it on your smartphone, because it is thanks to it that the device counts the steps you take. You can learn more about the accelerometer in the article available on our blog - welcome!
Technical specification of the sensor
- Module type: IMU sensor - accelerometer and gyroscope
- Supply voltage: 1.71 V to 3.6 V
- Accelerometer measurement range (linear acceleration): ± 2 / ± 4 / ± 8 / ± 16 g
- Measurement range of the magnetometer (angular velocity): ± 125 / ± 250 / ± 500 / ± 1000 / ± 2000 / ± 4000 dps
- Auxiliary SPI serial interface for data output from gyroscope and accelerometer (OIS and other stabilization applications)
- Six-channel synchronized output
- Sensor concentrator function to collect data from additional external sensors
- Built-in intelligent FIFO up to 9 KB
- Communication interface: I2C, SPI
- I2C interface address:
- default: 0x6B
- alternate: 0x6A
- Working temperature: -40 ° C to 105 ° C
- Connectors: 1x Qwiic
- Dimensions: 19.05 mm x 7.62 mm