Product description: EEPROM module - 24LC32 - 32 Kbit / 4 KB - STEMMA QT / Qwiic - Adafruit 5146
32 Kbit / 4 KB EEPROM memory module manufactured by Adafruit. Uses I2C bus for communication and has 32 bytes write buffer. Allows data storage up to 100 years with 1,000,000 write and overwrite cycles .
- VIN - power pin from 3 V to 5 V DC
- 3 V - power supply pin 3 V
- GND - chip ground
- SCL - I2C communication interface clock line
- SDA - communication interface data line
- A0, A1, A2 - pins for I2C communication interface address change allowing addressing up to eight EEPROM devices on the same bus
- EEPROM memory module
- 1x12 goldpin strip - 2,54 mm pitch
Technical specification of the module from Adafruit
- Type: module with EEPROM memory
- Embedded chip: 24LC32
- Supply voltage: from 3 V to 5 V DC
- Technology used: Low Power CMOS
- Lifetime: up to 1 000 000 cycles
- Data storage time: approximately 100 years
- Communication interface: I2C bus
- Interface address: 0x50 (default)
- Schmitt triggers and noise filters on I2C bus inputs (SCL and SDA)
- 32-byte write buffer
- Connectors: STEMMA QT / solder fields
- Module dimensions: 25.4 x 17.7 x 4.5 mm
What is EEPROM memory?
Under the abbreviation EEPROM stands for electrically erasable programmable read-only memory , or non-volatile digital memory. Its task is to store data that are relevant to the microcontroller. A characteristic feature of this type of memory is storing data even after power failure. Number of writes and deletes of data on EEPROM is limited, while the number of reads is infinite. In addition, the process of writing or overwriting can also apply to a single byte.
In our offer you will also find other modules with EEPROM memory. We invite you to familiarize yourself with the available range.