Product description: SparkFun Buck Regulator Breakout - step-down converter 1.8 V 2 A - AP3429A - SparkFun COM-21338
Step-down converter equipped with the AP3429A voltage regulator by Diodes Inc. The module lowers the input voltage, which is in the range from 2.7 V to 5.5 V, giving the output voltage 1.8 V (current efficiency is 2 A ). On the back of the board there is a copper washer to which a heatsink can be attached to dissipate excess heat generated by the system during operation.
The manufacturer of the module has prepared a user's guide - check it out!
Special features of the plate
- It has three power supply options - screw connection, soldering pads, place for plugging in the DC connector
- Equipped with a LED diode that indicates the operating status of the module
- On the back of the board there is a copper coating to which the heatsink can be attached
Description of the module pins
The board has outputs in the form of solder pads, to which wires should be soldered and connected according to the following dependencies:
- VIN - input voltage from 2.7 V to 5.5 V
- GND - system ground
- VOUT - output voltage (adjustable 1.8 V)
- EN - control pin
In addition, the module also has a screw connection, which is an alternative connection.
Technical specification of the converter
- Inverter type: step-down
- Input voltage: 2.7V to 5.5V
- Output voltage: 1.8V
- Continuous output current: 2 A
- No-load quiescent current: 90 µA
- Switching frequency: 1MHz
- undervoltage lockout (UVLO)
- against input surges
- thermal shutdown (160°C)