Product description: Adafruit PyRuler - electronic ruler with CircuitPython - Adafruit 4319
The 152 x 25 mm PCB with the standard FR4 thickness is a gold-plated ruler equipped with the most popular component packages that can be found in electronics. In addition to the standard ruler, it is also a useful cheat sheet for schematic symbols, system sizes, wire diameters, etc. In addition, the module is equipped with the ATSAMD21E18 system with a microUSB port and four touch buttons with the symbols Ω, µ, π and Digi-Key , thanks to which it can act as a keyboard connected to the computer. The tactile buttons are additionally equipped with a LED diode.
Electronic ruler programmed in CircuitPython
PyRuler is equipped with a Trinket M0 module with four capacitive touch panels with LED diodes that will turn the board into a specialized keyboard thanks to the code in CircuitPython. Thanks to CircuitPython, you won't have to memorize complicated key combinations to enter special characters like Ω, µ, π. After connecting the ruler to the computer, it will be recognized as mass memory, on which the code.py file is placed. On first run, open this file and set keyboard mode to "True". Now when you touch the pads you will get Ω, µ, π and when you touch the Digi-Key logo, the URL of the Digi-Key Python on Hardware Guide.
Main features of the PyRuler ruler
- ATSAMD21E18 32-bit ARM Cortex M0 microcontroller - 256 KB of Flash memory, 32 KB of RAM memory, 32-bit processor clocked at 48 MHz
- Native USB supported by any operating system - can be used in an Arduino IDE or CircuiPython as a USB serial console, HID keyboard / mouse or even a small Python script storage drive
- Four capacitive touch panels
- Multiple LEDs - Built-in green LED ON, red pin # 13 LED, RGB DotStar LED and red / yellow / green / blue LEDs for each capacitive touch panel
- 5 GPIO pins that are not shared with USB or with touch panels / LEDs - so you can use them freely: 3x ADC, 1x DAC, 2x PWM, 3 additional captouch sensors
- Supports NeoPixel or DotStar on any pins, has enough memory to handle over 8000 pixels
- Native SPI, I2C and UART available on dual pads so you can connect to any I2C or UART device with true hardware support
- Reset button
- USB powered or external output - will switch automatically
- Dimensions: 152 x 25 x 4.3 mm
- Weight: 13.5 g