Product description: 3D FormFutura Platinum LCD Series 0.5 kg printer resin - Translucent Yellow
Photopolymer Translucent Yellow resinused in open source3D printersequipped with LCD and DLP projectors. The product cures under the influence of light wavelengthfrom 385 nm to 420 nm. The resin emits a limited amount of odour during model forming. Finished prints are characterized by a very high level of detail and smooth surface. A distinguishing feature of the resins from Platinum LCD series is short exposure time. The packaging contains 0.5 kg of resin.
Main features of Platinum LCD Series resins
- Emission of odour is minimized
- Weather and UV resistance
- Faster printing due to short exposure time
- They allow for high-resolution models with great detail
- They offer vivid and durable colours, free of discolouration (available in translucent and opaque versions)
- Resins are characterized by low shrinkage and low water absorption (absorbability)
- Used in model and figurine printing and functional prototyping
Actions to be taken before printing
- Shake the bottle for at least 2 minutes before each use.
- Leave the resin for about 10 minutes for air bubbles to escape from the resin.
- After printing, unused resin can be transferred back from the printer tank to the bottle.
Always use protective measures when working with resin: nitrileglassesand gloves.
Final processing of the finished 3D printout
- Rinse the finished model in isopropyl alcohol (IPA) or bioethanol for about 5 minutes.
- The manufacturer recommends using an ultrasonic cleaner.
- Before further curing, check that the model is completely dry after rinsing.
- Place rinsed items in a well-ventilated room for at least 30 minutes. (compressed air may also be used for at least 2 minutes).
- Items should be cured in a special chamber for 20 to 30 minutes at 65°C.
- Recommended curing wavelengths are from 300 nm to 410 nm.
- When sanding the resin, respiratory protection must be absolutely essential.
Platinum LCD Series resin specification
- Viscosity: 500 cps at 25°C
- Density: 1.18 g/cm2
The table contains mechanical parameters of the cured resin. The tested objects were cured for 10 minutes with high power mercury curing.
|Glass transition temperature (Tg)||51°C||ASTM D7028|
|Water absorption||0,4%||ASTM D570-98|
|Impact resistance (IZOD)||18 J/m||ASTM D256A|
|Tensile strength||45 MPa||ASTM D638M|
|Tensile resilience||1000 MPa||ASTM D638M|
|Tensile elongation||8%||ASTM D638M|
|Bending strength||66 MPa||ASTM D790M|
|Elasticity||1800 MPa||ASTM D2240|
|Shore hardness||82||ASTM D2240|