Product description: Feather RP2040 microcontroller board - Adafruit 4884
Adafruit Feather RP2040 is a board equipped withRP2040microcontroller. The chip hastwo ARM Cortex M0+ coresrunning at up to 133 MHz,264 kB of RAM, 8 MB external memory connected via QSPI interface. The board has no built-in FLASH memory. It is equipped with2 I2C, 2 x SPI and 2 x UART interfaces and 16 PWM channels.
The platform supports the popular programming languagesMicroPython, CircuitPythonandC/C++, which can be uploaded to the memory via the USB interface using the built-in UF2 Bootloader or an external programmer via the SWD interface. The Feather RP2040 has a red LED and a single Neopixel RGB LED that can be programmed using CircuitPython.
TheJST connectoron the board is used to connect a lithium-ion and lithium-polymer battery. The battery will power the board. When the board is connected to a USB C cable, the battery will automatically charge at 200 mA. This is useful for a variety of projects. The batteries can be swapped out during operation and used as a form of UPS for critical projects.
Main features of the RP2040 chip:
- Two ARM Cortex-M0+ cores clocked up to 133 MHz
- 264 kB of on-chip SRAM
- Support for up to 16MB of external Flash memory via QSPI bus
- DMA controller
- Fully interconnected AHB crossbar
- Peripherals with interpolator and integer divider
- Programmable LDO on chip for core voltage generation
- 2 on-chip PLLs for clock generation, USB and core
- 30 GPIO pins (4 of them can be used as analog inputs)
- 2 x UART
- 2 x SPI
- 2 x I2C
- 16 PWM channels
- USB 1.1 and PHY controller, with host and device support
- 8 PIO state machines
Feather RP2040 board pinouts - Adafruit 4884
Power pins and connectors:
- USB Cconnector - used for power and data transfer (connect to computer viaUSB C cableto update firmware and edit code).
- Li-Pol batteryconnector- 2-pin JST PH 2 mm connector allows you to connect a Li-Pol battery to power the board (Feather can also charge batteries connected to this port via USB).
- GND- ground.
- BAT- Positive voltage to/from the 2-pin JST connector for the optional Li-Pol battery.
- USB- This is the positive voltage to/from the USB C socket if USB is connected.
- EN- 3.3 V regulator enable pin (connect to ground to disable the 3.3 V regulator).
- 3.3 V- 3.3 V / 500 mA regulator.
Power supply Adafruit Feather RP2040
There aretwo ways to powerthe Adafruit Feather RP2040. The board can be connected via a USB C cable (not included) and the Feather will drop the USB voltage from 5V to 3.3V. There is an LED under the USB C connector that lights up when the battery is charging. The LED may blink if the battery is not connected.
The second way is to connect a 4.2 V / 3.7 V lithium polymer battery or a lithium-ion battery to the JST 2 mm socket.Powering through the USB C cable automatically starts charging the battery (if connected) at 200 mA.
Do not connect alkaline, NiMHorRC 7.4 Vbatteries to the port- this will destroy the Li-Pol charger or the entire board. There is no way to turn off the charger.
Feather RP2040 - Adafruit 4884 board specification
- RP2040 microcontroller
- 32-bit dual-core Cortex M0+
- Supply voltage: 3,3 V
- 264 kB RAM
- 8 MB external FLASH memory
- No EEPROM memory
- 21 x GPIO:
- 4 x 12-bit ADCs
- 2 x I2C, 2 x SPI and 2 x UART, (1 is marked as main interface in standard Feather locations)
- 16 x PWM outputs - for servos, LEDs etc.
- 8 digital GPIO
- 200 mA Li-Pol battery power connector with LED charging status indicator
- LED and RGB NeoPixel
- STEMMA QT connector compatible with Qwiic, STEMMA QT, Grove
- SWD interface connector
- Reset button and Bootloader button
- Voltage regulator 3.3 V / 500 mA
- USB C connector
- 4 mounting holes
- Supported programming languages: MicroPython, CircuitPython and C/C++
- Product dimensions: 51 x 23 x 7.5 mm
- Net product weight: 5 g
- Feather RP2040 - Adafruit 4884
- 2 x goldpin connector 2x16 raster 2.54 mm
STEMMA QT connector what is it?
Adafruit Feather RP2040 is equipped withSTEMMA QT connector. This allows you to connect different types of sensors without soldering. This connector uses SCL and SDA pins for I2C.
TheSTEMMA connectors are 3 and 4 pin JST PH connectors. They make it easy to connect and read various sensors and devices without soldering. STEMMA4-pin JST PH are larger connectors with 2.0 mm pitch forI2C.On the other hand, the3-pin JST PH connector is a connector with a 2.0 mm raster and designed forPWM / analog / digitaluse.