- Reduced price
Shield, in a simple way allows you to create a wireless communication between the points using the Arduino and modules of XBee. It has solder fields, allowing you to solder the connectors suited to the standards of the Arduino.
Communication pins of the serial interface XBee (DIN and DOUT), they can be connected to the connectors UART (D0, D1) Arduino or regular digital D2 and D3 pins. The selection is made using switch, by default is set on D2, D3. The system is powered by a voltage of 3.3 V from a 5 V Arduino pin via a stabilizer 3,3 V. Thanks to the volatge converter, despite the fact that the XBee are controlled by the signals of 3.3 V, they can be processed directly to the Arduino connectors.
The product is compatible with Arduino
SparkFun has developed a user guide that explains how, step by step, to connect the module with Arduino.
On board are also status LEDs to control communication state: DIN, DOUT, RSSI and DIO5 (digital pin XBee). To facilitate the work with the module, led out was the RESET button, connected to Arduino.
- Power supply: 3.3 V (consumed from the Arduino 5 Vpins through the stabilizer)
- Built-in voltage regulator 3.3 V
- Built-in converter of voltage 3.3 V - 5 V
- Communication: DIN and DOUT pins are connected to the UART (D0 and D1) or D2 and D3 (by default)
- Led out RESET button
- Working with the modules XBee: Series 1, Series 2, Standard and Pro
- The distribution of the connectors is compatible with standard Arduino Uno and Leonardo
The kit does not contain connectors, you may purchase it separately.