The latest version of the famous cycle LEGO Mindstorms. Allows designing, building and programming your own constructions based on the sensors, mechanical elements and programmable Central Unit with an efficient ARM core processor.
System Mindstorms EV3 is backward compatible which means that when you create new robots, you can use any of the existing elements of the previous editions of NXT.
The platform includes instructions for creating 17 samples of robots, i.a.:
- Everstorm - looks like an Indian, robot that shoots little bullets.
- Speaker - Scorpio, which moves in the direction of the infrared light
- Reptar - mechanical snake that crawls around and attacks
Exemplary projects of Lego Mindstorms EV3.
Lego EV3 vs. NXT 2.0
- New, more efficient ARM core processor
- Larger display with higher resolution
- SD card slot
- The port that allows simultaneous connection of 4 motors
- Support for wireless communication - optional built-in WiFi
- The posibility to control a robot through the Internet
- Additional, small and fast servos in the kit
- The new color sensor, distinguishing 7 colors
- IR receiver along with remote control that allows you to remotely control the construction (instead of the distance sensor)
- Allows design in 3D in collaboration with Autodesk and available instructions
The main distinctive element version of the EV3 from the NXT 2.0 is a new, very efficient ARM processor with a clock frequency of 300 MHz. The central module is equipped with an SD slot for system expansion. The set has an LCD display with higher resolution and extra fast servo.