Product description: Air cleanliness sensor SGP40 - VOC - STEMMA QT / Qwiic - Adafruit 4829
Air cleanliness sensorSGP40is used as an instrument formonitoringindoor airquality. It allows to monitor the concentration of volatile organic compounds (VOC) present in the air. The measured values are processed byan algorithmand presented in a VOC index, which represents the air quality value on a scale from 0 to 500. The lower the VOC index value the cleaner the air. The measuring range is from 0 ppm to 1000 ppm.The sensoris equipped withSTEMMA QT / Qwiiccompatible connectors, with which it can be connected to a microcontroller module such as Arduino.
Connection diagram and pinout description for Adafruit air purity sensor
SGP40 air cleaner sensor can be connected in two ways: using goldpin connectors included in set (require soldering) or using built-in STEMMA QT connector. Example connection is made using STEMMA QT connectors andMetro board, which is equivalent to Arduino. You need to connect particular pins according to following dependencies:
- VIN- power pin from 3 V to 5 V.
- 3.3V- power supply pin 3.3 V.
- GND- chip ground pin.
- SCL- I2C communication interface clock line pin.
- SDA- I2C communication interface data line pin.
Technical specification of SGP40 sensor
- Circuit: SGP40
- Supply voltage: 3 V to 5 V
- Communication interface: I2C
- I2C communication interface address: 0x59
- Measuring range:
- VOC: 0 ppm to 1000 ppm
- VOC index value: 0 to 500
- Connectors: STEMMA QT / Qwiic
- Air purity sensor SGP40
- Goldpin connector strip with 2,54 mm pitch