Product description: Wide angle distance sensor 3 channel + connectors - OPT3101 - Pololu 3680
Wideangledistance sensorfrom Pololu, featuring theOPT3101chip from Texas Instruments. Detects thepresence of objectswithin a radius ofup to 1 mand measures their distance in three zones TX0, TX1 and TX2, which in combination allow aFOV of about 180°. It uses theI2Cbus to communicate with othermodules. It is also equipped with a 7-pin mounting connector to connect it to the TI-RSLK MAX platform. It works with a voltage rangefrom 2.7 V to 5.5 V.
Distance measurement in three zones
Sensor performs measurement inthree channelsTX0, TX1 and TX2. Their combination enables detection with a viewing angle ofapproximately 180°. Under favorable conditions, it can detect objectsup to 1 maway. The module emitsinfrared lightthanks to built-in LEDs. The returned value is thetime delay of the reflected signal, from which the distance of the object is calculated.
- GND - system ground
- VIN - power supply in the range from 2.7 V to 5.5 V
- SDA - data line of I2C communication interface
- SCL - clock line of I2C communication interface
- GP1 - configurable 3.3 V I/O pin
- GP2 - configurable 3.3 V I/O pin
- RST - RESET pin
Technical specification of the distance sensor
- Measuring technology: Infrared light emission
- Operating voltage range: 2.5 V to 5.5 V
- Current consumption: 130 mA at 3.3 V
- Measurement range: up to 1 m
- Number of measurement channels: 3
- Communication interface: I2C
- Viewing angle (FOV): approx. 180°
- Module dimensions: 27.9 x 30.5 mm
- Weight: about 3 g
- Sensor module
- 1x7 pin goldpin socket
- Mounting elements:
- screws - 2 pcs.
- washers - 2 pcs.
In our shop you can also find otherdistance sensors. We invite you to familiarize with the offer.