Product description: E-paper display - 4.37'' 512 x 368 px - 4 colors - SPI - Waveshare 23153
Wavesharee-paper display used in e-book readers and electronic magazines. The diagonal of the screen is 4.37 " , and its resolution is 512 x 368 px . The display presents the image in four colors : red, yellow, black and white. It uses the SPI interface for communication purposes and works with boards such as Raspberry Pi, Jetson Nano , Arduino, STM32, etc.
Product compatible with Raspberry Pi and Arduino!
The manufacturer provides a product wiki page that makes it easy to get started with the display - check it out!
What is the "e ink e paper" display?
E-Paper displays use microcapsule electrophoretic technology for display: charged particles suspended in a clear liquid will move to the sides of the microcapsule when an electric field is applied, making the microcapsule visible by reflecting ambient light, just like traditional printed paper. The E-Paper display clearly displays images/texts under lamp or natural light, requires no backlight, and has a viewing angle of nearly 170°. This type of display is typically used in e-book readers due to its paper-like effect.
Main features of the e-paper screen
- No backlight, it displays the last content for a long time, even when the power is disconnected
- Very low power consumption, power only required to refresh the image
- SPI interface, compatible with Arduino , Raspberry Pi , STM32 , Jetson Nano etc.
- Built-in voltage regulator compatible with 3.3V/5V boards
E-paper displays are characterized by very low power consumption, making them ideal for:
- Display labels and prices in supermarkets
- Presenting user data at conferences
- Representing disease descriptions and patient charts in hospitals
- VCC - supply voltage 3.3 V / 5 V
- GND - system ground
- DIN - MOSI line of the SPI bus
- CLK - SCK line of the SPI bus
- CS - SPI chip selection (activated by low state)
- DC - data / command selection pin (high state for data, low state for commands)
- RST - reset, activated by low state
- BUSY - output pin of busy state, activated by high state
e-paper display specification
- Type: e-paper, passively reflective
- Supply voltage: 3.3 V or 5 V
- Interface: SPI
- Display color: red, yellow, black and white
- Diagonal: 4.37''
- Resolution: 512 x 368 pixels
- Grayscale: 2
- Full refresh time: 14 sec
- Refresh power consumption: less than 61.7mW
- Standby current consumption: less than 0.01 uA
- Viewing angle: over 170°
- Pixel dimensions: 0.176 x 0.176 mm
- Module dimensions: 101.5 x 81.5 mm
- Display dimensions: 90.11 x 64.77 mm
- E-paper display - 4.37'' 512 x 368 px - 4 colors - SPI
- 8-pin connection cable, 20 cm long
The set also includes a 20 cm connection cable.