- On sale!
Product description: SparkFun Qwiic Mini dToF Imager - TMF8820 - distance sensor 1-500 cm - SparkFun SEN-19218
A miniature module with a distance sensor manufactured by the SparkFun company. It is equipped with a time-of-flight (ToF) distance sensor in the TMF8820 system. It allows you to measure distances in the range from 1 cm to 500 cm based on the time difference between the light pulses. Detects objects regardless of color, reflectance, and texture. It allows for excellent measurement performance in both dark and sunny places. The communication module uses the I2C interface, it is supplied with the voltage from 2.7 V to 3.6 V.
Check also the user's guide prepared by the manufacturer!
SparkFun Qwiic Mini dToF Imager - TMF8820 - distance sensor 1-500 cm - SparkFun SEN-19218.
Special features of the distance sensor
- AMS TMF8821 multi-zone flight time sensor
- Direct ToF technology with high SPAD detection sensitivity
- 3x3 multi-zone configuration with multi-object detection in 9 zones
- Fast Time-to-Digital Converter (TDC) Architecture
- Light pulse less than 1 ns
- Processing the histogram on the chip
- Built-in filter and algorithm to limit the influence of sunlight
- The compact dimensions allow the sensor to be used in non-standard projects
- SparkFun Qwiic Mini dToF Imager - TMF8820 - distance sensor 1-500 cm - SparkFun SEN-19218 - 1 piece
Leads of the distance sensor
The module with the TMF8820 distance sensor for communication uses the I2C interface. It is supplied with the voltage from 2.7 V to 3.6 V. It has two connection alternatives - with Qwiic connectors or solder pads.
- GND - the ground of the system
- 3V3 - power supply 3.3 V
- SDA - data line of the I2C bus
- SCL - clock line of the I2C bus
- INT - interrupt pin
- GP0 - general purpose input / output, pin can be used to connect to SYNC signal to interrupt TMF8820 / TMF8821
- GP1 - general purpose input / output
- EN - reset pin
Specification of the module with TMF8820 sensor
- Built-in chip: TMF8820
- Measurement technology: ToF (Time of flight)
- Supply voltage: 2.7 V to 3.6 V (3.3 via Qwiic connector)
- Power consumption:
- standby mode: 8 uA
- active mode: 57 mA
- Distance measuring range: 1 cm to 500 cm at 30 Hz
- Maximum reading speed: up to 30 Hz
- Laser beam: 940 nm VCSEL class 1
- Field of view: diagonally adjustable up to 63 °
- Communication interface: I2C bus
- I2C address: 0x41
- Tile sizes: 12.7 x 25.4 mm