Product description: Scroll HAT Mini - 17x7 LED matrix - overlay for Raspberry Pi - Pimoroni PIM491
The Scroll Hat Mini matrix consists of119 white LEDsin the form of an overlay for theRaspberry Piminicomputer. TheLEDshave been placed in a17 x 7layout and the brightness of each LED can be individually adjusted using the Raspberry Pi'sPWMinterface. There are also four individual buttons on the board, they can be used for example to navigate the interface or be a simple game controller. The overlay has a pre-solderedgoldpin stripfor connection to the Raspberry Pi. The Scroll HAT mini overlay can be used in game projects such as Tetris, Pong or Snake using buttons, as well as to display weather information or news. The Scroll HAT Mini overlay works with any 40-pin version of the Raspberry Pi minicomputer.
Main features of Scroll Hat Mini overlay for Raspberry Pi
- 119 white LEDs arranged in a 17 x 7 matrix
- Possibility to adjust brightness of each LED individually using PWM interface of Raspberry Pi minicomputer
- IS31FL3731 chip which controls the LEDs (communicates over I2C interface with address 0x74)
- Built-in 4 buttons for individual use
- Board in mini HAT format
- Fully assembled (no soldering required)
- Compatible with any 40-pin version of the Raspberry Pi minicomputer
- Ready-made Python library provided by the manufacturer
- Board dimensions: 65 x 30 x 10 mm
Scroll Hat Mini overlay software
The manufacturer has prepareda Python libraryfor the Scroll Hat Mini overlay, the repository also contains sample code to use the overlay.