Product description: PAM8302 - Class D audio amplifier 2.5 W mono - Adafruit 2130
PAM8302 class D audio amplifiermodule. It is characterized by low power losses, i.e. little heat dissipation and long battery operation. It allows to connect a 4 Ω - 8 Ω speaker of power up to 2.5 W. It has a built-in potentiometer for volume control.
The advantage of the circuit is differential inputs, protecting the input signal coming from the main circuit such as Arduino Mp3 Shield available in our shop. If there is no device with differential output, connect Audio pin to ground.
The output from the module is of "Bridge Tied" type. This means that the output pins are connected directly to the speaker pins, with no connection to ground. The output is a 250 kHz PWM signal, which is averaged by the speaker coil - high frequencies are not heard. Another amplifier cannot be connected to the module. It should lead directly to the speakers.
- Supply voltage: 2.5 V to 5.5 V
- Low power consumption; 4 mA idle and 1 uA in sleep mode
- Power: 2.5 watts (8 ohm)
- Class D amplifier
- Built-in potentiometer for volume control
- Short-circuit and over-current protection
- 50 dB PSRR at 1 kHz
- Goldpin and screw connector for self-soldering included
- Dimensions: 15 x 24 x 2 mm
- Weight: 1.4 g