Product description: BME680 Environmental Sensor - WisBlock Sensor extension - Rak Wireless RAK1906
Environmentalsensorequipped withBME680chip. Contains four modules:temperature,humidityandpressuresensor. Equipped with BME680 chip and produced by Rak Wireless. The module comes as WisBlock Sensor extension, which is compatible withWisBlock Base Boardand WisBlockCoredevelopment modules. The measurement range for temperature isfrom -40°C to 85°C, for humidityfrom 0% to 100%and for pressurefrom 300 hPa to 1100 hPa. The module can be programmed using Arduino IDE environment. The manufacturer also provides a friendlyuser guideandsample program code.
Application of the sensor
- Personal air monitor
- Intelligent air conditioning system (in combination with RAK4631 WisBlock Core)
- Weather station
- Gas detector
WisBlockSeries modules - a solution created byRak Wireless. It allows to createcomplex IoT projects, which are used both in advanced scenarios and basic projects. The WisBlock system consists of: WisBlockBase Board, WisBlockCoredeveloper module, WisBlockSensorsand WisBlock IO extension modules. They are used not only for rapid deployment of engineering prototypes, but are also designed to create massive applications, ready for industrial deployment.
The WisBlock Sensor extensions require connection to the WisBlockCoredevelopment module and the WisBlockBase Boardto work properly, assembled according to the schematic shown in the photo opposite. Before start-up, make sure that the module isproperly attached.
Technical specification of the sensor
- Type: environmental sensor
- Circuit: BME680
- Compatible withWisBlockseries
- Supported programming platforms: Arduino
- Temperature measurement range: from -40°C to 85°C
- Humidity measuring range: from 0 to 100%
- Pressure measurement range: from 300 hPa to 1100 hPa
- Gas sensor response time:< 1 second
- Gas sensor output: IAQ direct output (indoor air quality)
- Power supply: 1.7 V to 3.6 V
- Module dimensions: 10 x 10 mm
Check also otherWisblock Sensorseries.