Product description: Home Assistant SkyConnect USB Stick - compatible with ZigBee/Matter/Thread
Home Assistant SkyConnect USB Stick is a physical adapter / dongle for radio communication, intended for users of the Home Assistant system. The device is compatible with protocols such as ZigBee, Matter and Thread . Software updates are done via USB using OTW (Over-The-Wire), providing friendly integration for first-time Home Assistant users. The device is an EFR32 Series 2 (Silicon Labs EZSP v8) adapter with transmission power of +20 dBm . Supports USB 2.0 full-speed when connected via the included USB extension cable. The module is based on the Silicon Labs EFR32MG21 chip with the IEEE 802.15.4 2.4 GHz protocol, it is able to handle the ZigBee 3.0 (EmberZNet / EZSP) and Thread (OpenThread / Spinel inc. Matter / CHIP over Thread) protocols at the same time using firmware in RCP RCP (Radio Co-Processor) mode. Serial communication takes place through the built-in USB - UART CP210x converter.
Home Assistant provides an Add-on that will communicate with Ember Stacks to ZigBee and Matter. Home Assistant will provide software updates to ensure the best performance of your ZigBee/Matter adapter. The device will plug and play closely with ZigBee Home Automation integration, enabling beginner-friendly operation.
Home Assistant SkyConnect main features
- Perfectly suited for Home Assistant users: easily connect to ZigBee and support Matter in the future by updating the Home Assistant software.
- High Performance, Low Power Consumption, Safe Features: Based on the EFR32MG21 chip, the 2.4GHz multi-protocol USB transceiver supports USB 2.0 full-speed when connected to a USB extension cable.
- Reliable communication: transmits at +20 dBm.
- It supports 2 protocols simultaneously - ZigBee and Matter.
- Over-The-Wire (OTW) firmware update.
What is Home Assistant?
Home Assistant is an open-source operating system that prioritizes local device control and privacy. The system has the support of a huge community. It can work on the basis of a Raspberry Pi minicomputer or Home Assistant Yellow with a Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4, Seeed reTerminal and a mini router with dual Gigabit Ethernet or a local server, such as Seeed Odyssey Blue with an Intel Celeron J4125 processor. The Home Assistant system has a web user interface that can be connected via a web browser or a dedicated application for Android and iOS. The system also supports voice assistants such as Google Home and Amazon Alexa. The voice assistant enables local control of smart home devices, offering better security, greater reliability and greater flexibility than many cloud-connected devices.
Home Assistant SkyConnect USB Stick specification
- Power supply: 5V / 150mA
- USB: 2.0 full-speed (12Mbps)
- Bridge: USB - UART, Silabs CP2102N
- Transceiver: Silabs EFR32MG21
- Frequency: 2.4GHz
- Antenna: PCB
- TX power: up to +20dBm
- RX sensitivity: -104dBm (250kbps)
- Protocols: ZigBee, Matter, Thread
- Stack: EmberZNet Serial Protocol (EZSP)
- Home Assistant SkyConnect USB Stick
- USB extension cable