- Reduced price
Product description: U3V16F7 - step-up converter - 7.5V 2A - Pololu 4943
Pololu step-up converter with an output voltage of 7.5 V and a capacity of 2 A. The supply voltage is from 1.3 V to 16 V. The minimum starting voltage is 2.7 V. Typical converter efficiency is 85% to 95% , depending on input voltage and load. The output current is proportional to the input current, the efficiency and the VOUT to VIN amplification factor.
Pins of the U3V16F7 converter
- VOUT - output voltage 7.5 V
- GND - system ground (common for VIN and VOUT)
- VIN - input voltage from 2.7 V to 16 V (after starting the system, the input voltage may drop to at least 1.3 V)
When applying power to the module, the initial incoming current can cause dangerous voltage spikes that are much higher than the input voltage. After research conducted by Pololu, it was found that for input voltages above 9 V, the pulses can have an amplitude large enough to damage the module. In order to protect against this undesirable phenomenon, it is recommended to solder a capacitor with a value of at least 33 uF as close as possible to the power supply pins of the converter.
The efficiency of the converter system
Efficiency is defined as the ratio of power output to power input (Power out)/(Power in). It is one of the most important parameters of the converter, especially when working with portable energy sources.
Technical specification of the U3V16F7 converter
- Input voltage: 1.3V to 16V
- Minimum starting voltage: 2.7V
- Output voltage: 7.5 V (accuracy 4%)
- Maximum input current: 2A
- Continuous input current: up to 1.6 A
- Switching frequency: approx. 1.2 MHz under heavy loads
- System efficiency: from 85% to 95%
- Protections: against overheating, soft start function, undervoltage lock
- Dimensions: 13.1 x 8.1 x 3mm
- Weight: 0.4g
- U3V16F7 - step-up converter - 7.5 V 2 A - Pololu 4943
- Goldpin strip straight 3-pin raster 2.54 mm
- Angled goldpin strip 3-pin raster 2.54 mm